Wednesday 13 March 2024

Tuppa Ware; Avon; Pippa Dee; and others!!

We fell off the SW plan over the weekend so we needed meals this week that we really liked, to get us back in the 'mode.'  So last night we had this...moussaka


Dh was been busy in the kitchen, all morning making it and adapting the recipe to suit our SW food plan, so the house smelt delish.

I first had this at a Whole Foods house party. They served it with brown rice. Two women had set up the House Party business together. The one was recovering from an op having been diagnosed with cancer and this was their way to make a living. 
They prepared it all in front of us, but had a ready cooked one that the Hostess heated up in her oven.( no micro waves this was the 1970s) Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed it and bought the ingredients and pkt of brown rice and the recipe and I've been making it ever since.

Did you go to of those product selling parties or even hosted one?
I hosted a Pippa Dee party which was lingerie, not the sexy stuff and one spaghetti strap nightie I bought, I wore as a dress! The man who was in part the success of Pippa Dee, George Davies, went on to Next, M&S, George at Asda..  a multimillionaire and I helped him get there by doing the Pippa Dee parties!!

Of course there's the most well known home selling product, Tuppa ware, I bought loads and also later in 2004 I bought a food chopper from  Pampered Chef and still have it.  
I never went to an Avon party, but did go to another make up one, called Oriflame and loved their make up.
I wonder did any of you bloggers host a home product selling party or went to one? Which one was it?
Chrisxx

9 comments:

jabblog said...

I've neither been to a product-selling party nor hosted one. The 'Avon lady' used to visit my mother-in-law regularly.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I went to one Tupperware party and vowed NEVER AGAIN!

Frugally challenged said...

Oh good grief, yes! Apart from the ones you mention I went to a party for a weird product called "liquid embroidery". It was hideous! There was one un the eihgties selling pans and another in the nineties selling silcone bakeware. I can't remember the name of either but in both cases I had friends who were deomonstrators: very expensive friendships. I also went to a few Stampin Up! parties which sell craft items and rather like their stiff still.

Joy said...

I did a few, can't remember which, but I preferred to go rather than host really. xx

Mari said...

I'm not one for hosting parties, but I did have a Pampered Chef one once. I also did Tastefully Simple because my sister was selling it. That's a food party. Both have great products. I've been to Tupperware parties, Home Interior parties, Norwex... They can be fun to go to.

Marie Smith said...

I went to Avon party eons ago but never hosted one. Makeup is not a favourite of mine. Basic skin care is all I do.

Sal said...

Oh my, Pippa Dee! That brings back memories! I remember going to a neighbour’s Pippa Dee party, with my mum. I was the youngest one there and was forced to model some of the nightwear! I remember my mum buying me a rather tasty, pale blue, sleeveless nightdress.

When I was older and a young housewife, I ventured into the world of Tupperware and was persuaded to host a party after attending one! I actually loved some of the products…and of course if you hosted a party then you acquired something for free!

Meanqueen said...

I used to be a Body Shop demonstrator. Doing makeovers and taking orders from the catalogue. I also did Ann Summers for a while. Anything to earn a few £'s.

Elizabethd said...

I went to a Tupperware party in Australia! I was visiting my son and his wife, and went with her. I remember buying something for her but not what it was!
I think almost everyone in Britain had or went to Tupperware mornings!