Tuesday 26 March 2024

Chinese Whispers!

 

                                                             


Aren't these lovely, I bought them yesterday, a present to myself, silk orchids in a shiny pot! But I just thought they'd look nice on our coffee table and they do! Sometimes you have to treat yourself.

Once again, I've had the most dreadful urinary infection, I was prescribed some anti-biotics last week and took the whole course, but last night I was hardly in bed. It seemed like they hadn't work. 

So Dh tried to phone the surgery at the 8:00 o'clock scramble time, but as usual couldn't get through, so 9 ish we gave up, altho I felt like screaming. Anyway I phoned after 10 and was number 9! When I did get through, I asked for an emergency appointment. I had to answer questions and was told I would have a phone call back; I made sure I had her name.

Phone call back was the same receptionist, who told me that she had spoken to the contact person, who spoke to the Duty Dr. Criky I thought its 'Chinese Whispers!' 

But I was prescribed different anti-biotics and for a longer time. 

It's not easy to be ill, and know you can't get to see a Dr. How have we come to this state of affairs?

I've just read an article on chronic UTIs and there is a call for less anti-biotics in favour for an anti-bacterial called Hiprex. I was prescribed it once by # 9 Dr, I'm saying #9 because she was the 9th Dr I'd spoken to since we'd lived here. I've spoken to a few more since then. I'll try after Easter to get a routine appointment and ask for it. I've tried buying it and can't! 

In the mean time I'll take what I'm given and treat myself, altho Dh would have bought those silk orchids if I'd said I'd like them... but there's a book I have my eye on, so I might mention it to him!!

Chrisxx

9 comments:

jabblog said...

How miserable for you. I hope the new anti-biotics work. Are you drinking plenty of cranberry juice? I'm told that's the thing to drink.
The orchids are lovely and it's nice to treat yourself now and again.

SueJay said...

Our surgery is about to change this system. As from 10 April we will only be able to book online by filling out a form. Those without internet access can fill in the form with the help of a receptionist. The forms will then be triaged and patients contacted in order of importance with either an appointment or a telephone call from a clinician. It sounds workable but we will see! Suejay

Marie Smith said...

Cranberry juice helps! A friend who had a series of infections takes cranberry pills. I find a small glass of juice every day keeps infections away. It might be a good preventative once you are better. It will take the sting away in the meantime.

We have the worst medical access in Canada according to recent studies. We have lived here 14 years and haven’t a doctor yet. We have something called Maple. A doctor in western Canada answers a phone call. People wait hours and get kicked off numerous times trying to get through. Meanwhile, we pray to stay healthy.

Angela said...

I hope you are sorted soon, UTIs are so miserable. And nobody wants to spend all their time taking antibiotics and thus reducing their effectiveness. My GP prescribed me Dermol 500 for washing with. It certainly eased the discomfort. You can buy it over the counter.

Mari said...

Chronic UTI's are so awful and I feel for people who deal with them. I haven't heard of hibrex but if they could find something to prevent it, it would be a blessing for so many.
Hope you feel better soon.

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi Chris. I am not a dr., but I have had amazing results using D-Mannose when the first twinges of UTI start. It's like cranberry, but a concentrated form, it really works...11 daughters, and no more UTIs for them...I had a bad reaction to Cipro a few years back, so I dread getting a bad UTI...but D-Mannose really works! Hope you get better soon!

Sooze said...

I love the orchids and pot, simply gorgeous. Recurring UTIs are awful, my husband had them every few weeks for about a year. I hope the new antibiotics clear it up for you, or if not, you can get an appointment and the Hiprex! I've not heard of that.

Elizabethd said...

I was advised to take DMannose and did find it helped. I hope you will soon feel better.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

I'm so sorry that you are having such a bad time again with UTI. I hope the new antibiotics sort things out for you.
The orchids are lovely, something nice to cheer you up x