Tuesday 12 March 2024

Family.

 With all the controversy about that photo, I didn't write about my own Mothering Sunday. 

I did have some lovely cards and flowers, but as well as that, long chatty phone calls. (not from my youngest son, but that's how its been for quite a few years)

My daughter brought me up to date about my grand children, who are all doing well. Its just like all grand mothers, we like 'news' its so lovely to hear how they are all doing. Of course my youngest grandson had already told me about himself and his brother, but since then, my grand daughter has announced that she's going to India for a month with her firm. So very exciting news for her, as a Chartered Accountant she has done really well. She always did well in school and then in Uni so we're all very pleased for her.

My middle son is well now after having a triple bi-pass last year. It was a nightmare, but it was a successful op and we were very grateful that he was able to get an op as quickly as he did, what with the present state of the NHS and waiting lists. He lives in W. Wales so we'll be meeting up in the near future.

My eldest son always phones and we do spend a lot of time on the phone, hours in fact.  He developed Crohns when he was in Uni and had to drop out. He did have extensive surgery and is well now, but those years when he was ill were very difficult, in fact to see him lose so much weight was hell. He looked like a skeleton for years, weighing less than 7st. and 5ft 11 tall. All his clothes hung off him. When he was in hospital, I used to phone in the mornings and then went in to the hospital straight after work. I took all the school books I had to mark and did them there beside his bed. His op was such that he wasn't allowed to eat or drink for 8 days. He had a some bad days, and one time when I got there two other patients, who were in the side ward with him were very upset, as was my son. He'd asked could he have a cup of tea mouth wash and of course he was told 'no' so was in floods of tears. But he recovered and now could lose some weight! He broke up with his girl friend a while ago and is so by himself. I wish he could find a nice girl friend, but he works as a photographer at racing tracks, so not the hours to suit a regular girl friend. He is a very nice young man and has that quality of being able to talk to people and put them at ease. 

Strange when I'm with my grown up children, I feel younger even though I'm old! But I'm always very proud of them.

Chrisxx


4 comments:

jabblog said...

Having youth around you keeps you young at heart.

Mari said...

Glad you got to catch up with the kids and grands. You're right, we love to hear from them. My SIL also has Crohns and was very thin and ill when he was younger. He ended up with a colostomy but now does very well and says it's the best decision he made.

Marie Smith said...

I find time with family keeps us young, especially when the kids are around. Pets help too.

What a lovely way to spend Mother’s Day, Chris!

Marie Smith said...

What a lovely Mother’s Day!