Thursday 21 March 2024

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who wrote comments about blogging, it was so interesting to read, especially those of you who don't have your  own blog. I have noticed that there are bloggers who reply to comments, but I think if I did that I'd never get off my lap top.  
And I agree its sad when a blogger stops because of trolls and even sadder when they've passed away. I've known 5 who have and I was always really sad for  them and their families.

I try to think of different things to write about, at the moment I'm horrified at the malicious talk about Princess Catherine. To allay a lot of fears, she and William, went walk-about near to where they live. Its been suggested that it wasn't her, but a lookalike!! And shock horror William wasn't wearing a wedding ring?? He's never worn one, and it was explained some time ago that the 'Royal' men don't wear wedding rings. Why do people start these rumours? I think personally, shoot me down if you wish, but they are a lovely couple and are trying to do their jobs as Royals. They are very loving parents and take time out of their Royal Duties in school holidays to give their time to their children. 

And just because they're beautiful, here is a photo of Artic White Daffodils.(not my photo) I had these growing in my front trough last year.......

.......and popped the bulbs in a dry pot in the shed, to grow this year and forgot all about them, until at the weekend I found them. So I have potted them up and they look as though they are growing, yea! 
They cost a bit more than yellow daffs, but I spare no expense if its for my garden. Just wish I could do more, but my age is catching up with me and I can't do a lot of things I used to be able to.

Chrisxx

5 comments:

jabblog said...

Petticoat daffodils are pretty, but don't really look like daffodils to me - none the worse for that:-)

Mari said...

I totally agree with you on William and Catherine. I really like them and can't imagine what's its like to never be able to step foot outside without a camera in my face, not to mention the crazy rumors.
That's a really pretty daffodil!

Elizabethd said...

I so agree with you re the Royals. It is their life and people are making themselves ridiculous with all the nonsense. Next we shall hear she has been transported by aliens!

Marie Smith said...

Age slows us down or makes us stop some activities. I am reluctant to give up my bike but I may have to this year. It will be a heart breaking decision.

16 blessings'mom said...

Hi Chris, I have a blog, have been writing for almost 17 years, and I go through dry times. I have a big family, and sometimes it's difficult to separate what's my business to write about. Some things that greatly affect me might be things they would not want plastered on my blog. So it's a dance, and sometimes it's tiring. One thing I've learned though: I used to think that internet friends weren't real, but now I know they are. As with anything else, online can be used for both good and for evil, and when used for the good, it can be such a blessing...we can connect and encourage each other, and make each other smile. :). I like reading about your days.