Friday 8 March 2024

A much better day.


 Our garden has hundreds of daffodils, 'Tossing their heads in sprightly dance' (Wordsworth's Daffodils) Enough to bring joy even  to fed up me. but even better was a phone call from my grandson. His birthday was yesterday and he'd got his parcel and was delighted with his socks and the contents in the toe of one. 
He is a very open emotional young man, said he was 'choked up' when he opened the parcel. He is a very chatty so I got all the news about him, his job and his 'darling' girlfriend. 
When he was in his teens, and asked what he wanted to be, he always said the same thing, He wanted to have a job, where you wore a suit and did a lot of talking! And in law that's what he's doing!

And I found another firm to come and he is coming on Monday ...  yeh! Just got to get the deposit back from the other one!

But also a rarity yesterday is..... I saw a Dr face to face!! I've had ear ache off and on for a week, so phoned to ask for a prescription for an ear spray I'd had before, only to be told  I had to be seen by the Duty Dr.
 I saw a new Dr, very nice. Checked my ears and yes my ear looked inflamed and I had a  raised temperature.. so was given the anti biotic ear spray. Her comment was I wasn't a frequent visitor as that was only my third visit in the whole time we've lived here. And that's true, but I have spoken to Drs on the phone. 

So this spray will help me to sleep, paracetamol wasn't helping with the pain. So an all round a much better day!

Chrisxx

8 comments:

jabblog said...

I hope the ear ache goes away very soon. Well done on actually seeing a doctor.
Your grandson sounds a thoroughly nice young man.

doodles n daydreams said...

lucky you, spring on the way. Autumn has just begun here and the days are changeable but as my sis in law just said, never mind, spring is coming. We just have to get through winter. :)
Wishing you a good nights sleep.

Sooze said...

What a lovely grandson you have. Hope the earache clears up soon and you get a good night's sleep.

Bless said...

So glad to read that it's a better day. Hope the ear spray works quickly and you'll not have your earache anymore.

Mari said...

Glad you had a nice chat with your grandson. The daffodils are just full of joy! Praying your ear is soon better.

Marie Smith said...

Yay for grandsons! Such a joy in grandparents’ lives!

Have a pain free weekend!

diane b said...

Glad that you had a better day. I'm sure the call from your grandson cheered you up. Hope you keep improving.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...


Cheery daffodils, medication for your ears and a lovely chat with your grandson. Glad it was a nicer day for you x