Thursday 7 March 2024

Fed up, fed up, fed up!


 This is Rest Bay beach yesterday, I didn't take this photograph,  it was on a FB page, but its the beach I used to walk to. when my children were little. And I should have walked somewhere today to cheer me up, because I had a real fed up day!

Why? I shouldn't have felt that way because for the first time after 4 nights of not sleeping I slept, even went straight back to sleep after getting up for the loo! So I should have been feeling bright and breezy, but I still felt tired and only did half the jobs I wanted to.

And it was made worse with a tradesman not turning up, but offering us yet another date after 2  previous cancellations, so we said, leave it we'll get someone else.. but now we have the headache of finding someone else.

So because we both felt fed up, what do you do?? You scrap dinner plans and have fish n chips! Diet out the window!


Dh went off to the chip shop, which is owned by someone I was in school with, in fact played kiss chase with! The shop is round the corner from the house I grew up in.. he used to go with a 'sack' truck every morning very early before school, with his dad to get the boxes of fish from the harbour.  

A whole lot of us played in the street most days and late into the evenings too. I think when were 7 or 8 we even played 'you show me yours and I'll show you mine!'..we were so innocent but so funny when I think about it now. The boys all 'showed,' and us girls all screamed and ran off! Shame girls today don't scream and run away, but get pushed into sending explicate photos! A different world and not for the better, but that's another story.

And me now, back to the SW food plan tomorrow!

Chrisxx

8 comments:

Angela said...

Our nearest chip shop was taken over last year. Prices up - but quality better, and portion size increased. One lot of chips is enough for two of us. I miss the Dorset chippies though - most did OAP deals [not everyone has someone to share the chips with, and the smaller pieces of fish were just right for me] and many also did tasty homemade fishcakes without the orange crumb coat. A real treat, chippy tea on a Friday

Joy said...

Sometimes, you just have to, don't you? xx

Sue in Suffolk said...

The fish and chips from the shop in my village are always a bit greasy and I always wish I'd not bothered but now and again it's nice to have a ready made meal.

Sooze said...

Isn't it annoying when workmen don't turn up when they're supposed to? We think one we've been waiting for came yesterday - unannounced - whilst we were out for the day, grr!

Marie Smith said...

It is difficult to get a tradesperson here these days. If they answer the phone, it is fifty-fifty if they ever show up to even look at the issue. Such a difficult time with the boomers all retiring now? Who knew that was going to happen?

Latane Barton said...

Some days just happen like that. So glad that the fish and chips served as a bright spot in an otherwise yucky day.

Liz Hinds said...

Hope you're feeling less fed-up today!

Bless said...

Your fish and chips meal looks delicious! I'm glad you treated yourselves to it on a day when you felt fed up. :)