Wednesday 27 March 2024

Where does it go?


Isn't this an amazing photo my friend's daughter K, who is very artistic took it. As a child, did you ever blow one of these to tell the time?
I knew K when she was young and her sister, because when their mum started working, I was her port of call, if one of them was ill and couldn't go to school.

I was a stay at mum, as most mums were in the 70's and 80's and my friend was very good to me and supported me, when I was going through a rough patch in my marriage, so I was more than happy to help out.
Both girls had a lot of time off school, and so spent a lot of time with me and I got to know them well. 

On K's 14th birthday I bought her some nail polish, as she always played with pens colouring her nails.. She was delighted and said she'd do her toe nails the same colour. I innocently said, how wonderful they would look, especially as she had smooth young legs, and quick as a flash, she said she shaved them.. Her mum was shocked and upset.. she started to cry, because she thought her little girl was suddenly grown up.
Several cups of tea later, with her girls watching TV with my children, my friend and I talked and we both realised our children were growing up.
Today K is a mother and a young grandmother. When she left school she became a Shop Window Dresser. She's still very artistic and as well as her photography, she draws and paints.

We can all feel the same about our children, I can't believe my grand daughter is 30 this year. At the moment she's in India working for her Accountancy firm! How can that be, only the other day she was making cakes in my kitchen, more mixture on her face than in the cake papers!
Time flies and whoosh, all we have left is memories; so enjoy every moment and laugh a lot!
Keep smiling!

Chrisxx

6 comments:

Angela said...

I met a lady yesterday in the village who had been to the same school as me - but about 7 years before. We reminisced about the slightly bad head teacher! Her granddaughter is there now, and cannot believe how different it was for us back then. Things have changed so much in the past half century. But we are blessed with good memories, and wonderful young people around us. Enjoy every moment...

Joy said...

It flies, doesn't it? I'm very thankful for a lot of happy memories to balance the sad ones and the regrets. xx

jabblog said...

I used to love dandelion clocks.
It is a shock sometimes to realise how quickly the years pass. Keep looking forward - the past is gone and done with.

Mari said...

That's a great photo. You have wonderful memories of her.
Yes, time goes too quickly. My oldest granddaughter is 12 and those years went by in a flash.

Sue said...

Time is passing by so quickly isn't it, I don't even know where this month has gone, let alone all those years of my life. We just have to try to make the most of every moment, while we are in it.

Marie Smith said...

We have a day with our three grandchildren today. It will be busy! Yay!