Thursday 14 March 2024

Just a 'bimble' day!

 Some days Dh and I can 'bimble' away our days. Yesterday was one of those days. We changed the bedding, I did my 'tiara' job and after we'd unloaded the dishwasher, Dh tided the kitchen, I did the lounge and we decided that was enough housework for the day, altho there was still the 'chair' in the lounge to do.. its not a loaded chair like the bedroom, but the dining room table! We seem to fill it with stuff; a jigsaw, which we were going to do but didn't, a Welsh dictionary, you never know when you might want to look something up, note book- new, seeds, ready in case I get the urge to do something with them, library books I've read, and some napkins nicely ironed by Dh. We must clear it up, rather than push the stuff to one side when we actually use it to eat! One day we will!

It was very cold outside, so a 'bimble' day was all we managed!

Having read 'The Women,' I've been stuck at what to read so I have been looking at new books and on checking a FB group, I came across some choices of other people and one woman had just been gifted these...as a surprise present from her hubby.


I loved Enid Blyton, but I wouldn't want these now, I don't rely on Dh reading my mind, but ask outright. I wonder if she had asked for them?
Chrisxx

5 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I too loved Enid Blyton as a child but now can't belueve how poor the writing is! They were such exciting takes for an eight year old to read.

jabblog said...

It is quite nice to revisit childhood books, but I'm not sure I'd want a selection of them.

Marie Smith said...

I’ve had a lot of those days recently. I really enjoy them!

Siebrie said...

I loved Enid Blyton as a child, but I would never introduce my own mixed-race children to them. Such racism!

Sue said...

I would have been thrilled to receive them. It's s known fact that revisiting your childhood favourite books, or those that you always wanted but never got is very good for the brain. A book club that I follow is currently reading Anne of Green Gables. :-)