Sunday 3 March 2024

My guilty secret!


We were watching a film yesterday and in the back ground there were the faint strains of this song, it took me back to a hot sunny Saturday afternoon. I was driving along, windows open singing at the top of my voice to this song, I loved it.
I was on my way to a tattoo parlour. I was supposed to be meeting my friend there, but she had cried off the day before, but I was still going to get a tattoo. I'd had my 60th birthday the previous December and I had decided to deny my age and have a tattoo! It was all booked and I had chosen my design.

Over the years it has faded, (this is just a picture off the internet, similar to my tattoo)
It's at the top of my left booby, but inside my bra, so quite hidden,
My sons know I have it, but not my daughter, she and her husband think they are much too 'posh' to have tattoos! But my grand daughter does. I've always said I'd tell my daughter when I was 80, well that's come and gone and I haven't told her yet, I may never tell her!

Strange how some people view them.  There was an older lady in our Book Group in Suffolk who admitted of being afraid of people with tattoos.  As it happened the young phlebotomist at the surgery had some beautiful ones on her arms. This older women said she dreaded having to have a blood test in case she had her. I was more than happy to have Lola do my blood tests, she was very good at her job and I never even felt a prick. And she was very attractive and her tattoos very pretty.
When I lived in Billericay, I used to drive people who couldn't drive to and from the church I attended. Some older ladies were my regulars and I was often asked to go in when it was at night, to put on the lights. I think they were afraid, I didn't mind. 

One time after a Wednesday night church meeting, the old lady I took home asked me to just supervise her little dog outside for his last wee , and could I put out her black sack of rubbish and check the door was locked. Not a problem for me I didn't mind. As I was saying goodbye, she thanked me again and said, what a lovely Christian I was. I didn't remind her that not so long ago in a Wednesday night Bible meeting, she had said that those people with tattoos and piercing were doing so against the laws of God and not Christians!! I had a tattoo and ears pierced!
Ah well what could I say?

Just got in my car and drove home, popped my own dog out for her last wee and put out my own black sack of rubbish, and made sure my own doors were locked!

Shall I tell my daughter? I don't think I will, its my own secret!

Chrisxx

6 comments:

Mari said...

I think you should tell her, shock her a bit!
I must admit that I used to really dislike tattoos, mainly because the people that I knew that had them tended to be not the nicest, usually older men I was taking care of in the hospital. That's not the case anymore, and I do like them sometimes. I'm not a fan of the huge ones or when people do their faces or necks. If I got one, I'd put it somewhere that wasn't highly obvious, like you did. :)

Joy said...

Nice secret to have, isn't it.

Tattoos have never attracted me - for myself, I mean. Yours sounds lovely but I have to admit I don't like it what people absolutely cover themselves with the things, including their face. I don't like lots of piercings either. That's just me. xx

jabblog said...

There are some beautiful tattoos. I've never been interested, but two of my grandchildren and their spouses have them. It can become quite addictive.

Marie Smith said...

Well done, Chris!

I don’t have a tattoo but our daughter got one after her divorce. Her previous “quite proper” in-laws would have been shocked at the idea of a tattoo, let alone an actual tattoo on their DIL. I saw it as her reclaiming herself and her life. It wouldn’t be my choice but I was glad for her!

Bless said...

Your choice to tell your daughter or not. :)

Back2OurSmallCorner said...


While I don't think I would have a tattoo myself, your butterfly is very pretty. I have seen lots of really lovely tattoos on people and some of the arm sleeves are incredible artwork. I think that if a colourful design on your body is what you want and it makes you happy then go for it.
Nice secret though:-)