Sunday 26 May 2024

A sunshiny day and too hot!

 Absolutely scorcher of a day here yesterday, too hot to garden till late afternoon.  We had a super morning in town, which had a band playing songs that have a words you can remember with tunes that are sing-able! Called the 'Ghost-Buskers' their average age was probably 60! Lots of people stopped to watch them and join in with the singing. Mostly 70s, and 80s songs. A real seaside town summer day in the sun!

I stopped to watch while Dh went to the Coop, as we forgot to get a chicken  on our order. Strange. but true little old ladies sitting on the seat of their wheels get spoken to! Lots of people in shorts and happy faces and a lot of happy tail wagging dogs. One woman stopped to chat and I talked to her cockerpoo. It was very difficult and I had to choke back tears, her dog was so pretty and so like Nell; her hair felt like Nell's too as I stroked her back.

At home in the garden, we sat under an umbrella and read. I'm reading one of my comfortable authors. The sort that write a story, with a hint of romance and no shocks! It's sort of cosy and sometimes you need cosy, do you agree?

And I'm enjoying it. 

We planted the last of my foxglove seedlings, now grown quite big and strong. We have had some beauties and these are to flower next year.

But we hope it will rain as the garden is dry. 

Chrisxx

8 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

Well done on the weight loss.
A band playing the songs from our youth and not our childrens or our parents is a great change isn't it. I'm glad you had a lovely day out, even with the bit of upset with the cockerpoo.

Sooze said...

You were lucky with the weather, it definitely wasn't too hot here....just ok really with a bit of a cold breeze, but it got colder later on.

jabblog said...

Plenty of rain here overnight, but the sun is shining now:-)

Live and Learn said...

Sounds like a lovely day.

Lynn and Precious said...

That sounded like a very lovely day indeed. And I do enjoy a cosy book all the time. Fun to relax and read. Glad to hear you got a pet for the pup.

Marie Smith said...

The music sounds lovely and great that people joined in…

Becki said...

It sounds like a fun day in town - people singing along with a band playing - I love that. I agree, sometimes a cozy is exactly the kind of book I want to read. :)

Joy said...

Cosy is very good for the soul, isn't it. xx