Tuesday 21 May 2024

N.S.V.

 If you attend a slimming group or have done, you'll know that NSV, stands for Non Scale Victory.. so this was the talk on Friday. Things that have changed even when the scales don't show a big loss.

Most of the group said they could wear clothes that they hadn't been able to for a few years.. and these are some of the others;

Being able to cut their own toenails ; able to paint their toenails;

 doing up a belt on another hole; tum doesn't rub on the car steering wheel; bend over a pick up stuff off the floor; 

tights come up further; slacks are lose round legs; not afraid to wear a sleeveless top; 

long sleeves on jumpers come down further on arms; when jacket is zipped up, no fear it will burst open when you sit down; 

can see toes as tum flatter; can do up all the buttons on a top and it doesn't gap; 

Summer clothes fit; being able to go in a clothes shop and choose clothes from the smaller size racks;

 And the last comment was from a male, who said, he could see his willy when he looked down in the shower! Yes, the room of people erupted into laughter. There were other reasons too, but I think you can get the gist from these.

I admit to having a wardrobe full of clothes that are too small, but I tell Dh that I feel slimmer, because when I look down in the shower my boobs look flatter! So now you know my NSV!

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Mari said...

I love these! It is good to focus on other things than the scale and you've got some good ones here, plus humor!

Sooze said...

An NSV is sometimes more satisfying than a poundage loss, I think. Although it is nice to see the pounds come off too!

Liz Hinds said...

I was thinking just yesterday that my bra doesn't feel quite as tight as it did. But I don't think i've lost weight!

Ana Dunk said...

It is a good day when I don't have to lie down across the bed to zip up my jeans.

Marie Smith said...

I can understand why the place went up!

Maggie said...

I've never heard of NSV but the comments made me smile :-)

Joy said...

I love considering NSVs. It not just about numbers on the scales. xx