Saturday 25 May 2024

Too tired!

 It was a beautiful day here yesterday, but I saw hardly any of it.. after all my efforts in the front garden the day before you'd have thought I'd have slept well. I did not, I didn't get to sleep till gone 12 mn and woke at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. I tried, as I was comfortable, not too warm and it was quiet. Dh and I were up at 6, and I struggled to get going, I was so tired.


We were showered and had a cup of tea early, as Friday is our SW meeting and we leave the house at 9.
It was a 'taster session' when members bring a SW food item. Dh had made a crustless quiche and it was very tasty. The session was to honour the Man of the Year, in our group; it was 'willy man' who won!
I'd lost a pound, so I am half a pound away from the next stone down, yippee! I'll make a real effort this week to get down, its slow but sure.

When we got home I collapsed into my arm chair; Dh had some of the quiche left and we had that for lunch with salad.. and then he went outside to cut the grass. I had an audible book which I downloaded and promptly went to sleep! 
So I hadn't seen any of the day and couldn't wait to get to bed.


Chrisxx

Yes Sooze its me in the chair at the top of the garden.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Good for you for losing again! It's a good idea to have people bring dishes to the meeting to try out. And it's nice that your hubby comes too.

Julia said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I know what you mean about feeling tired. I've woken up very early the past two mornings. I think the sun is coming up much earlier now and the fact that we've finally had some - thank goodness. I'm not complaining about the earlier, brighter mornings that's for sure! Basically, I think I need to get some blackout shades for the bedroom which should help. I'm a night owl and fall asleep quite late every night so very early mornings are not my favorite. Hopefully, I will get more sleep tonight. Hope you get a good night's rest, as well.

Live and Learn said...

I didn't get enough sleep last night, either, so I'm moving kind of slowly today. :)

Marie Smith said...

Well done!