Thursday 22 August 2024

An unbelievable remedy!

 

Do you recognise these plants, found in woodlands and gardens?

Yes.........Stinging nettles... you might wonder why I'm showing them to you. I am,  because they are an amazing plant and I first heard about what they could do many years ago, on Woman's Hour on the radio.

Because I can't use my right arm to lift myself up in bed, I rely on my left arm and it is beginning to tell me it's working over time, so I'm getting a lot of aches and pains in my upper arm and  shoulder, arthritis! I do take painkillers in the morning and at night but sometimes it still aches. Keeping my arm warm does help, so I always wear a wool cardigan, sometimes in the house only on my left arm!

Creams, like Deep Heat are good but the relief doesn't last.

But stinging the area with stinging nettles gets it warm and the heat lasts for days! You might not believe me, but it does work.. try it if you have an arthritis type pain and see for yourself!

Chrisxx

16 comments:

jabblog said...

That is amazing - and brave.

Jules said...

I've never heard of this before. I'm glad you've found something that helps, although I do quite like the smell of Deep Heat :)

Live and Learn said...

That makes sense. Do you just "sting" your arm with the nettles?

Lynn and Precious said...

I try to use natural remedies when possible. I knew about stinging nettles usefulness but not about helping to give relief from the coldness of our bodies.

Maggie said...

Think I'll pass on that idea thank you 😂 I remember the pain from getting stung when i was young. I suppose it works because apparently you can only feel one pain at a time ?

Sooze said...

Well I never! I should think the nettle stings take your mind off the arthritis pain! (which I suppose is the point). Whatever works for each of us though is a good thing, I often think the power of the mind is incredible - if we think something is going to work or be good for us, it usually does the trick.

Mari said...

That is so interesting!

Marcia said...

I don't know where I could get stinging nettles here. But I have had lower back pains for months and have been told it's just arthritis. Nothing torn or broken.

Tracy said...

That's amazing! I had heard of it, but thought it was just an old wives tale. I have never known anyone having the nerve to try it out!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

How exactly do you use or apply the stinging nettle?

Chris said...

Yes!

Chris said...

It isn't a pain, feels like pins and needles.

Chris said...

It does actually physically works.

Chris said...

Its not so bad that it is a pain, just like pins and needles.

Chris said...

Just slash the nettles on the area of your body that is painful.

Bless said...

I've not seen that plant growing in my area, but, it's good to know that it can help with pain. I'm always interested in natural remedies. Thank you for sharing. :)