Friday 2 August 2024

A bit of a dip but joys too!

 I'm having some very difficult nights.. Yes its hot, but our portable fan keeps me cool and the whirling noise doesn't disturb me. The bruising all on my right side where I fell is really showing now, black and blue is an understatement, very black and blue is nearer the mark and its very tender.

And I'm tired and feeling very down. Dh is very good and very attentive, but when you're in pain only you really knows what its like and I have a lot of pain. I have taken painkillers and when I'm sitting comfortably, it is fine, but moving my arm is agony. I am moving it passively, by lifting it using my left hand and that is helping, but progress is slow.

Yesterday I went to have my weekly hair appointment and it looked superb when he had finished. I'm so glad I changed hairdressers, because he shampoos it without wetting me, my head doesn't itch and it a lot cheaper! And it has the bonus of not being in town so no parking problems.

I'm reading the latest book by my favourite author Charity Norman and loving it. 

And on my kindle, so easy to hold. My library books are too big and heavy so I've abandoned those, and Dh is reading them!

Fuzzypeg continues to come each evening and we've noted he's later after these very hot days. He goes straight for the water before tucking into his food, such a little love.

And we've watched  Andy Murry and Dan Evans in the men's doubles tennis in the Olympics and ok they're out,  beaten in the 4th round, but oh boy didn't they fight to the very last ball! So exciting, quite took me out of my myself. Thank you Andy for all the years you've given us 'couch tennis players' such joy. You've been amazing over the years, happy retirement!

So lots to be thankful for and also as always........ 

..

Chrisxx

11 comments:

Joy said...

A good hairdresser is an absolute treasure.

I'm sorry you are so, so sore - that was a right bang you went! Hoping it all eases up very quickly. xx

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope the bruises fade soon and you get a bit more movement without pain.

Tracy said...

I am sorry that you are so bruised and battered. The only 'good' thing about bruises is that you can actually see them fading and getting better, which is very satisfying.

Eileen H said...

Yay, I'm finally able to visit your blog without a warning appearing!
So sorry to learn about your fall and that you are in pain, hope you feel better soon.
Did you hear on the news Andy Murray wrote he never really like tennis and his mother replied she nether :-)

jabblog said...

It takes a long time to recover from such a fall. Vitamin C helps . . . and sleep.

Mari said...

I'm sorry you're dealing with all that pain. It takes some time to heal and for all that bruising to go away, at least it did for me when I fell on the ice last year.
I like reading on my kindle too.

Lynn and Precious said...

You must hope the pain lessens as the bruising fades. It makes just every day life difficult. The good things are the reading and Fuzzypeg for entertainment.

Live and Learn said...

Pain takes it all out of you. I'm glad you were able to get out to get your hair done. That's always a pick-me-up. Charity Norman is a new author to me. My library only has one book by her, "Remember Me", and I've added it to my list of books to read.

Marie Smith said...

I hope you feel some improvement soon! Take care.

Julia said...

I'd try Boiron Arnica tablets or cream for the pain and bruising. It's especially for bruising and works really well. Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Kathy G said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. I was surprised to learn last year that after icing a bruise for a couple of days it was a good idea to switch over to heat.