Monday 26 August 2024

What to do when it rains.

 Rain rain go away, come another washing day! A horrible wet day, we've stayed home, and enjoyed a beef dinner with Yorkshire puds, home grown potatoes, carrots, beans and cabbage, followed by stewed rhubarb and no not custard, but cream!

And we've read all afternoon while the rain slashed on our windows... thinking at least we 're fortunate we're not on holiday! What weather on a Bank Holiday, poor people who came here for the day as the sun was shining this morning.

Dh has read all my library books, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Just by chance I found a new author. Jo Spain, I only picked up the first book by her, because there were quite a few on the library shelf,



I am delighted....and have loved these and reserving more by her...phycological thrillers.

... and I'm working my way through these..
Richard and Judy's Summer reads..I've read 2.
What would we do without books?

My aunty always forecast rain on Bank Holidays!

Chrisxx

13 comments:

Mari said...

Reading on a rainy day is the perfect thing to do! I've read Perfect Little Lies and thought it was really good. I'll have to check out more of her books.

doodles n daydreams said...

Indeed what to do when it rains? Hubby watches sport on telly and I like to read.

Joy said...

Fortunately, it has cheered up round here. Saturday was dire though. xx

Poppypatchwork said...

I love Jo Spain, I've not read The Trial, the other two are both good. We love to read in afternoons.

jabblog said...

It's almost obligatory for rain to fall on Bank Holidays. Traffic jams and rain - two things we can do without on a day out.

Jules said...

I did much the same. The weather here was awful. Xx

Live and Learn said...

Jo Spain is a new author to me. I don't like thrillers, but my husband does, so I will tell him about her.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Nothing beats reading on a rainy, summer day unless it's reading on the porch of a cottage on a rainy, summer day.

Latane Barton said...

I am with you.... what would we do without books. In fact my new post is about books today. I have always loved to read.

Lynn and Precious said...

Rain! Wishing for it here as we are so very dry. And our last weeks cold days are now back to humid and way too hot. I do read a lot and I see you have some good picks.

Granny Sue said...

I would be on-my-knees-thsnkful for a day of rain. Or even an hour. Or 15 minutes. But nothing in the forecast, again.
What a nice lot of reading! I need to find another good book. Plodding through a bio of Thomas Hardy at the moment, another about famous letters, and one about a raft trip on the Amazon. But I want a good fiction read!

Maggie said...

Sorry you've had rain today, it's usual for BH though. Having said that it's been beautiful here. I've read a couple of jo Spain and enjoyed them. I'm reading About A Boy at the moment and enjoying it.

Bless said...

Reading sounds like a perfect way to spend a rainy day. :)