Wednesday 14 August 2024

My seaside town

     We managed to miss the rain when we popped to town yesterday. I'd bought a sling off Amazon for my arm, but it just wasn't right, so I decided to return it. I've never had to return anything before apart from kindle books and they just whoosh away. 

So following the instructions on the Amazon site, it seems the Post Office is a collection point for parcels.  A QR code arrived on my phone, which when shown at the Post Office, they packed it up, labeled it and that was that, easy peasy lemon squeasy!

Of course we had to visit Costa and have a coffee, it was very busy and all the outside seating was full, but for once the AC inside didn't feel too cold. 

We had a window seat and people watched. Lots of people and children, just like a holiday seaside town in August! I love watching as people walk by, and as its the school holidays, there were different people. It was a very happy atmosphere but noisy, we didn't mind. Not so many oldies with motorized scooters or with walkers and small dogs as there were a month ago.

This is just one of the floral displays. I like the colours chosen this year, mainly deep pinks and pale mauves.

I love my town.

Chrisxx

10 comments:

Jules said...

Those flowers are beautiful. Xx

jabblog said...

A seaside town in season is a wonderful place for people watching, especially on a sunny day.

Mari said...

It sounds like a perfect outing! The flowers are beautiful.
I've had to return things to Amazon a few times and we have to go to an office supply store, it's easy here too.

Marie Smith said...

The flowers are lovely and the coffee spot sounds like a great place to relax!

Lynn and Precious said...

That is an incredible planter of flowers. Good that the return went so easy at the post. I feel the same way about my big small city. Love it.

Live and Learn said...

People watching can be very entertaining. Sounds like a nice time out. Glad you enjoyed it.

Granny Marigold said...

Sorry the sling wasn't what you were looking for but at least you could return it with very little trouble at all. People watching is cheap entertainment :)
The flowers are lovely.

doodles n daydreams said...

What a lovely way to spend some leisure time and a very pretty flower display.

Joy said...

That is a beautiful flower display. So colourful. xx

Granny Sue said...

Sounds perfect, Chris!