Wednesday 28 August 2024

SADDNESS!

 Yesterday  morning we went into town with Dh's daughter, her husband and boy, now 6 years old! Wow.... I can't believe it, it seems only the other day we were there, in Yorkshire when he was born.  

Costa was busy, so we sat outside and it was lovely, warm although there were clouds, and we drank coffee and ate these and chatted, it was perfect! 

I do know Dh's twin daughters really well, because when Dh and I were first married we all lived together... they were 16, so yes there were some air clearing moments, but we all managed to get through it, mainly because I loved my husband enough to get over the girls 'difficulties!' Now we get on really well. 

Every thing was fine, but then talking about my own grown up children and grand children, I was suddenly over come with an awful feeling that probably I will never see them again. It was a horrible over whelming feeling and I started to weep... very quietly. Dh was concerned, but I made up a story of thinking about my fall.

And since home I've been a bit sad, although getting over it. But it is probably true, I won't see my children or grand children ever again and I feel suddenly I want to.. the last time we travelled to Essex to meet up with my eldest son, I developed a urinary infection. Fortunately I had some anti-biotics which I was taking as a prophylactic so it helped... so I'm nervous about long car journeys again. They are all so far away and busy with their own lives.

Am I being a bit dramatic, but it is making me feel really sad.

Chrisxx

9 comments:

jabblog said...

I am sorry you're feeling so sad. I hope the feeling soon passes.

Mari said...

That would make me sad too. Maybe there is a way that you could set something up to have them come to you, a reunion maybe?

Live and Learn said...

I don't think you are being dramatic at all. That is something I would be sad about. Is there a way you could make it happen? Could they visit you? Could you meet half-way? Could you do the drive with a lot of stops? How about "meeting" virtually? I wish you luck.

Lynn and Precious said...

When you miss family, you truly miss them.

Marilyn said...

I see my family regularly, but that first Christmas of the Covid pandemic I was in bits because the nearest I could get to my son was across a car park,where he was dropping off and collecting parcels.Being elderly I was classed as vulnerable so we couldn’t meet up and we were all so very frightened, weren’t we? So I feel for you.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

You had a good reason to cry but I'm not sure about not confusing the reason to your husband. Maybe something could be worked out that you all meet some place in the middle of that long drive. Maybe set up more Zoom meetings or just talking on the phone more often would help. Sometimes you just have to let loved ones know what you're feeling so they have the opportunity to step up.

Granny Sue said...

Aw, Chris, I am sad for you. That had to have been a hard moment. Surely your children will come to see you, though? But as you say, they are busy with their lives and if they are like my sons, they don't realize that you are getting older---they still see you as able to do all the things you once did.
My youngest isn't speaking to me right now, and it hurts as he is so far away and we rarely see him anyway. But we texted or talked several times a week. However, his anxiety disorder makes him get into this weird circular thinking sometimes and he just goes off on me, then won't speak for months. So I know your pain. Hugs, dear Chris.

Jules said...

It can be upsetting when you don't get to see your family members, so don't be hard on yourself. Are there, perhaps, any other ways you can keep in touch. I find Whatsapp is really good for messaging and video calls. X

Bless said...

I'm sorry you were feeling so sad about not seeing your children and grandchildren. I hope you can arrange something where they can visit you or you can meet them halfway.