Sunday 25 August 2024

Fridays are always the same!

 There's a chill in the air, but its August and supposed to be summer! I still wore a thin cotton dress to weigh in at SW Friday, my SW dress! It was chilly in the Scout Hall where its held. I shivered for Ffion who was wearing a strappy top, her shoulders were bare, but she said she wasn't cold; I think I felt cold for her! I was wearing a warm cashmere cardigan over my dress, so was warm! If you have ever been to a weight losing group, you'll understand the need to wear the same clothes every week!

We go early to be in the first few in the queue to weigh, because we eat after we weigh! I walked into the hall and started to make my way to the queue, and this young man pushed in front of me to join the queue! How rude, he all most pushed me to one side! It reminded me of the time when we had stopped at a Service area for the loo, which I really needed. I was walking as fast as I could with my wheels, when a young man using crutches rushed past me into the one disable loo! I could have screamed, but crossed my legs and hung on!! In fairness he was quite quick and I said 'Thank you,'  when he came out, always polite!

I got weighed, 0.5 pounds, is that all I said???... but then we laughed because she had mistakenly written my weight down wrongly, the previous week making my loss 8 stone!

But then I could eat my SW breakfast, which is always a marmalade sandwich and our own coffee, made by Dh.. its my favourite breakfast and I only have it on Fridays... lovely fresh whole meal bread, one slice, 8 grams of butter and 1 teaspoon of homemade marmalade; its so good!  

I dread Fridays some weeks, but our Consultant is very funny and we've got to know a lot of people, there so a happy time! 

A group of us are arranging our own meet up for a Christmas dinner!

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

It seems to me that 8 stone is a lot of weight loss and you are to be commended for it. Marmalade, that sounds lovely. And how are people
so very pushy and rude, where have manners gone to?

Chris said...

No I didn't lose 8 st she made a mistake writing it in my book I lost 1/2 pound!!

Live and Learn said...

Your Fridays' breakfast sounds delicious. Good luck with your next weigh in.

Kathy G said...

Slow and steady weight loss tends to stay off.

Granny Sue said...

Well done you! A half pound is actually quite good.

Bless said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Jules said...

Well done!