Wednesday 21 August 2024

A book to keep you on the edge of your seat!

 

This is the first book I've read by this author, but it will be followed by many more. It was absolutely gripping and a real page turner.
Every parents worst nightmare!

What do you do when you watch your two young daughters get on a tube train and before you get on, the doors close and it speeds off? Faye just age 6 and Bea 22 months stare back at their mother, as she frantically shouts to them, get off at the next station! Will Faye understand, will they be safe?
The morning tube station was especially busy and Sive the young  mum battling through the crowds, with the baby in the push chair,  was momentarily distracted by a call on her mobile phone, and the next minute her two little girls are in the carriage and the doors close.
When eventually the transport police tell her the girls are fine at the next station, it is complete relief... that is until Sive finds out only one of the girls have been found, Bea the youngest, while Faye is nowhere to be seen.
Sive, her husband Aaron, and the friends they were meeting up with that weekend, all unite in the search for Faye.
But during the search, the reader finds out that everyone has a dark past with something to hide. 
One character Nita says,  'Everyone tells lies!'

The story flips back and fro in time, with short chapters, each one ending with a cliff hanger, a roller coaster ride where the twists and turns are relentless right up to the end.
Fast paced and gripping, you'll  never guess the twist at the end.

Chrisxx

7 comments:

jabblog said...

Sounds terrifying!

Maggie said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just finished our book club read, which was awful yet again so could do with a book that keeps my interest.
Years ago when I went to London for the first time with my daughter the carriage door on the subway closed before I could get on! Thankfully my daughter was an adult and waited for me at the next stop, but I was panicking because I'd never ridden the subway before and hadn't got a clue how it worked.
Just reminded me that this could easily happen.

Live and Learn said...

Wow, that definitely sounds like a thriller. Not something I would want to read before going to bed.

Mari said...

Ooooh - that sounds so good, and scary too!

Granny Sue said...

I don't think its my cup of tea, but you sure write a good review, Chris!

Latane Barton said...

Oh my gosh... that sounds like my kind of book.

Bless said...

Thank you for the book review. :)