Sunday 31 December 2023

New Year Resolutions... Yes/No?

 I'm not making any new year resolutions but I am going to.....

Carrying on losing weight. (Trying)

Carry on learning Welsh. 

Reading books I like.

Clearing out stuff.

Walking regularly. 

Knitting socks.

Trying not to spend toooo much money on plants!

Generally the same as this past year, seems a bit boring, but no point saying I'll do something that I won't! What about you?

The Face Book reading group I belong to are doing a 24 Book Blast, where you choose 24 books that you own but haven't read and read them in 2024.. I do have books on my shelves I haven't read because I didn't like them, but I might try some this year. I bought them in Lock down and couldn't get into them, perhaps I could now?

But first I'm going to read the 4 books I bought from WOB, by Elizabeth Berg, the author I found this past year.

Durable Goods; The Pull of the Moon; The Story of Arthur Truluv; The Confession Club.. so I'm really looking forward to reading them. 

What about you? Resolutions?

Chrisxx

8 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I don't own 24 books I have not read, my reading pile is about 6 books, normally if I get a book it's because I want to read it. I'm like you 2024 will be more of the same, but I can't promise not to purchase more plants. Happy new year to you and your family.

Sue said...

I've decided on no resolutions this year, but reading more books and eating better food is definintely on a 'no resolution' agenda for me over the coming year. The 24 books from your own bookcase sounds like a really good idea for a reading plan. All the best for the New Year. xx

Deanna said...

Hello Chris. Hope you had a merry Christmas and will have a new year full of blessings. I'm holding tight to working at LOSING WEIGHT and getting HEALTHIER, better organized and downsizing. I want to check out the area about where I live and see what is interesting in nature. Not in concrete, but perhaps it takes an iron constitution to stick with changing for the better. All the best to you! Here's to a great start to the new year. ~d

Sue in Suffolk said...

Definitely No resolutions here. I never do as who knows what's round the corner.
Just keep keeping on is what I always do.

jabblog said...

No resolutions here - too disappointing when I break them so readily!
The 24 books challenge sounds interesting - do encyclopaedias count?
I wish you and yours a peaceful, happy and fulfilling 2024.

Julia said...

Hi. No resolutions here really, but I do want to make more time for exercise/walking as it makes me feel so much better mentally and physically.

Liz Hinds said...

Apart from the knitting those could be my resolutions too. Reading unread books is a good idea I am struggling with Hamnet at the moment. Happy New Year to you!

Kirstenm said...

I only make resolutions that I know I will be able to keep! It's worked very well for past years.