Friday 1 December 2023

Frightened by a gull.

 Our Fridays always start early because we have our SW meeting. I maintained, so not happy, but better than a gain, said my friend.  There were members there with dreadful coughs, so we left as  soon as we'd been weighed and drove into town.

We had a bit of a fright driving along and we both shouted out when a large gull flew into our windscreen. He flew off, so he was ok, but our hearts were racing!


I don't know if you've ever seen a gull up close but they are big birds and he did thump our windscreen. (no cracks fortunately)

Town was buzzing as the official lighting up is tomorrow, so cherry pickers in the main street.  We just went for a coffee and one of these!

And look what was happening on Sandy Beach and the temp was

 only 1°C and it felt like *** They must be mad swimming in these temps!

Dh really came into his own in our Singalong group in the afternoon. We were divided  up to each sing a part of the 12 Days of Christmas, he offered to do 'The Five Gold Rings' solo, and he did really well. Threw himself in the part, singing out and standing up flinging his arms wide! Whew I was really proud of him.

It was good fun, we sang some carols so we're now in the Christmas spirit, we really enjoyed the session. Do you sing?

Chrisxx

5 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Oh my goodness, what a fright! So happy his heavy landing didn't crack your windshield. That could have been dangerous.

Margaret said...

I don’t sing much now after having a bad infection and losing both hearing and voice for a time. Even at church I’m often just mouthing the words. A big handshake to DH

Joy said...

Absolutely bonkers. You wouldn't get me anywhere close to doing that in a million years. I feel cold just thinking about it.

Seagulls are much bigger than one imagines, aren't they. I guess he was more shocked than you though!

And well done to Dh.
xx

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

What an experience! That Is actually quite frightening.

Bless said...

That must have been scary to have a seagull fly into your windscreen! Glad to hear that there was no damage. Oh, my, I can't imagine even dipping my toes in that cold water, never mind swimming! Well done to your husband, singing the solo part! I do like to sing, but, these days, I don't sing that much and I've been told I sing off key! :D