Tuesday 26 April 2022

A fresh air day and beautiful water girl.

 With the glorious sunshine here today, we decided to catch up in the garden this afternoon.

These are the last of the tulips, such a lovely salmon pink colour. 

 The lime green grass I bought last autumn, but can't remember the name and the other lime green leaf is a heuchera
And this is the first flower bed we dug, filling up with a variety of plants. We now have birds visiting our feeders and bathing in the bird bath and today there were bees, hover flies and some small blue butterflies and a cabbage white in the garden . When we first came here it was just a weedy grass area and no birds or insects. 

And Dh has dug and set up my water feature, which I bought from the Gardeners World Live show, in 2010. We didn't set it up in Suffolk, because I couldn't decide when to site it, but here we think we have it in the perfect place.
I bought it with the money my Aunty Glad (Gladys) left me, and it is actually called 'Gladys.' Designed by Lily Sawtell; it's a  verdigris bronze figure 65 cm high.
The water comes out of a flower on her hat on the left side, circles round the brim and then trickles off the other side. I love it, I've had so many insulting comments about her, but to me she is so beautiful and I love the trickling sound of the water. She still needs to have more pebbles and the bricks around.. isn't she lovely?


Chrisxx

The new beech coloured work surfaces arrived yesterday and they are perfect!



5 comments:

Bless said...

Your garden looks great and I can't imagine who would insult the water figurine you have set up in your garden! It's your garden, after all. I have often wished for a water feature, but don't have one. Glad your new work surfaces arrived and they are exactly what you wanted. :)

Poppypatchwork said...

Your flower bed is looking good, I hope it's helping you feel at home, I'm in the not sure camp with your water feature, but as you love it, it does not matter what I think. Hopefully your kitchen will be finished soon.

Eileen H said...

You've worked hard to make your garden the lovely place it is, the tulips are gorgeous. Your water feature is very personal to you and I like her. I'm pleased you now have the work surfaces you wanted.

Sue said...

Love how the garden is coming along Chris, you've both put a lot of hard work into getting it looking so nice. Love "Gladys", she is a great feature. Sue xx

meandmysmallcorner said...


I am so glad that the kitchen worktops are finally right and you are happy with them.
Good news that Gladys has finally found the perfect spot to show off her watery features. I hope she brings you both a lot of pleasure in your new garden x