Friday 22 April 2022

Day 4 ....Huston, we have a problem!

 The kitchen arrived trust up like a turkey, so we hadn't really seen the true colours.. Today the work tops have been unveiled and some have been put in place. The builder has worked hard all day and left ready to start again on Monday 8:00am sharp.. while he is working we keep out of the way and sneak in after he's gone to have a look.

Big problem. I am convinced that those dark work surfaces are not the ones I chose! And well,  if they are I don't like them and want them changed. The builder and I have spoken on the phone and he reckons they look dark, because there are no lights in the kitchen at the moment and if I took the off cut into the hall, it wouldn't look so dark.  He is not just wrong, but very wrong, they are too dark.

I know it will cost me more, but I am not paying for something I don't like. This kitchen is £15,000 plus so I am not paying for something I don't like! 

The builder can huff and puff as much as he likes, I am having what I want, ok I'll have to pay more but it is my kitchen and my money!

This kitchen has and is causing me sleepless nights!

Chrisxx 


5 comments:

My Creative Life said...

Oh dear, it sounds like you're being given the run around with your kitchen. I hope you enjoy a restful weekend x

Eileen H said...

It is very stressful having kitchen and bathroom refits done as I know only too well. I'm in total agreement with you, it's you who will have to live with the finished kitchen so it needs to be right no matter what your kitchen fitter says.

Jo said...

I hate having things done in the house because invariably, things go wrong. It's so stressful. I'm in total agreement with you, if you're paying money for something, you want to love it, not have to put up with it. I hope you get it sorted out.

Bless said...

Oh, no! Hope you can get the color sorted out!

Joy said...

Definitely have what you want. It is your money and your home.
xx