Tuesday 19 April 2022

New clothes?

 Several friends have got the spring bug and been buying new items of clothing..

Me?? No. not at the moment. I want to lose at least another stone or two or more before I buy anything else.

I have new dresses, which I'm ashamed to say, I had to buy in a bigger size, and these will last me till summer really does arrive. My wardrobes are bulging with clothes but only about 20% fit me!

My weight constantly bugs me and I have very good weeks and then very bad days! In the last lockdown, I gained a lot of weight, some that I had lost.. the anxiety got to me and then the stress of moving house and before I realised,  my weight had ballooned and I needed a bigger size of clothing.. ugh!

This morning we were up showered and dressed before the builder arrived at 8, then as soon as he was happy with what he was doing we left and drove to the next town to visit Iceland..where we bought their Slimming World meals, so that over the next 2 weeks without a cooker we won't veer too far off the food plan. We have booked a Carvery meal for Sunday, we can't go without our Sunday dinner!

So two weeks planned without a cooker!

Thank you for all the kind comments on my previous post. I'm not that brave and I only cope because I have a very loving super husband, who can never do enough for me. He's the best husband I could ever have found, this July we will have been married 16 years. Best years of my life have been with him.

Chrisxx

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

Join the club, my wardrobes are bulging too and I'm loathe to get rid of the clothes that don't fit. Hopefully your two weeks without a cooker will allow you to drop a dress size. I hope you don't find the kitchen refit too stressful.

Bless said...

We are all struggling with our weight, aren't we? I haven't bought any clothes, recently, but, I've been given a lot of clothes by one of my cousins! :)

My Creative Life said...

Arh that's so sweet the words you said about your husband. I hope you start to feel good about yourself and your weight. The Hairy Bikers did a series of books about losing weight and eating healthy. You can order them from the library to see inside first. They did recipes that most people like to eat regularly such as curry, lasagna etc. If you like this sort of thing, you could just eat their suggestions.

When you're ready to declutter clothes I thoroughly recommend 'The Minimal Mom on youtube' an episode she did called The EASIEST way to declutter clothes(in my opinion;) Quick and stress free closet...
My husband and I watched it and then both of us halved our wardrobe. I took all the unwanted stuff to the outreach at the Methodist church in town.
All the best with the builders x