Monday 18 April 2022

To wee or not to wee, that is my problem!

Do you recognise these? They're dandelions, and used as symbols for incontinence clinics. I don't suffer from that, but I do have a bladder problem. I have to get up 5, 6 or more times at night to use the loo.


 It's really getting me down, and I'm tired, the lack of sleep is stealing my days and today I'm crotchety and miserable! 

To add to my moans, we're having a new kitchen fitted. We have had this builder booked since last November and he starts tomorrow, so we have had to empty all the cupboards and everything out of our little pantry. Just as well we have a good size lounge and we left off getting the new carpet as the room is full. 

I have various tests booked for my problem and for the first time ever in my life I feel anxious about them, anyway will tests make me better?? Dh has suggested that we do a dummy run next week to suss out the hospital, where to go and where to park etc. And that will help some of my worries.
I've already had two cystoscopies and they were clear 2 years ago.
I am taking Magnesium and Pumpkin seed extract, both advertised for bladders.. Only just started so can't say if they will do any good, but I'll give them a good try.
And I'm fed up of repeating myself to different Drs, who class pain as uncomfortable, let them have it and then they can say.. just uncomfortable!!

I wish I could blow it all away like this seed head....

                                                 Chrisxx

7 comments:

My Creative Life said...

All the best with the builders. I hope you find answers from the tests. I always find the scale of pain frustrating... on a scale of 1 - 10 how bad is the pain. Grade 1 being low pain and 10 as high pain. I think I can endure quite a bit of pain, but that doesn't mean that I want to! I remember going to physiotherapy and demonstrated lots of movement in my foot tendon (above ankle), however it was still painful to walk. Cx

Jean said...

Hope the tests find the problem and solve it.

meandmysmallcorner said...


I am indignant for you. If you say it hurts or is more painful than you can deal with then that is exactly what it is. I know we all deal with different levels of pain but it is not 'just uncomfortable' for you.
And having to keep getting up at night must be so tiring all the time . Sending hugs xx

Eileen H said...

Hopefully the tests will reveal the cause of the problems you're having and you will be given the treatment to cure it. It must be really miserable for you and I feel so sorry for you. I do remember my mother warning me not to pick dandelions as they make you wet the bed.

Joanne Noragon said...

I hope you solve this soon. Not a good problem.

Bless said...

Hope the tests will help with a diagnosis. Have you been checked for diabetes? Frequent urination is one of the symptoms.

Siebrie said...

It may be worthwhile to look into cranberry juice, vitamin D, and pelvic floor exercises.