Friday 1 April 2022

No snow here.

We've got up to bright sunshine and no snow, but the bird bath was frozen and there was a sheen of frost on the grass, so we were glad we'd covered our peach tree again. 

Although there was sunshine, there was a keen breeze when we went out, but it was very pleasant walking along.

Since having a decorator here a few weeks ago, every day for 2 weeks, we're back into getting getting showered and dressed before 9:00am.. So this morning we were out just after 9 o'clock for Slimming World. I'd not had a good week last week as I 'd not been well and I'd had a few naughties,  so half pound loss was a pleasant surprise.

Then we went to our favourite cafĂ© in town, a big chain of coffee shops, its always warm there, cosy and I love the 'hubble' of chat, the smell of coffee and they do a very tasty cheese toasty! 

Dh went to the fish mongers and I strolled along slowly window shopping. I love the gift shops they have in our town. It is so nice to be back where there are shops to see and lots of people shopping and we went to the greengrocers too. Lovely fresh veg and he sells plants!


Do you like your town for shopping?

Chrisxx

4 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

We live in a village, but it's been engulfed by larger towns, everyone keeps the village vibes going, we have some lovely shops which we always try to use instead of going into town. I pleased to read you are happily settled.

Eileen H said...

Oh I absolutely hate our nearest town for shopping and buy most of what I need online and have a weekly grocery home delivery. I do love going for coffee and cake though :)

Joy said...

Lucky you - no snow is definitely a Good Thing!

I do like our town - city, I should say. We've lost a number of shops over the last decade but it's still nice to walk around from time to time. I don't go in all that often which probably helps to make it more enjoyable. xx

linda said...

We have frost again this morning I have some blueberry bushes in pots and I put them into the garage to protect them overnight as last year they were damaged by the frosts. My town isn't that great for shopping but there are lots of coffee shops, luckily we don't have to travel far to some great garden centres. x