Saturday 2 April 2022

Y Llyfrgell

 We were up and out in the sunshine to y llyfrgell,  the library, this morning. It was newly re-furbished a few years ago and is very nice inside. It's not the library I used when young, that was in the John St. the main high street. I was there quite a few times a week, just a couple of rooms, but my favourite place.

With those steps up to this new library,  I use the long 'S' disable ramp.. it's my exercise for the day, especially when I then walk to town via Lias Rd, which I call the road of obstacles with the broken pavers and the steep camber slope to the road! So was it worth it?

Oh yes, I picked up this book by T M Logan, which I've had on reserve for weeks.
I've already read the first few pages and its good!

And this one which is the reader groups choice for April. I asked about joining it when we first moved here but covid of course had disrupted the meetings.

But we are to go to the meeting on 20th April so I am so pleased.
I've looked up the comments on this book and some are not good, but as its the Book Group choice, I'll read it.
And of course we stopped here!

Do you use your local library?
Chrisxx


8 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh, yes, libraries were always one of my favorite places. But these days, I borrow library books on-line (habit learned through Covid) and read them on my phone or tablet through an app they have. I think e-books can be borrowed and then down-loaded to an e-reader. I've learned to like my e-readers because they are so light and compact, but there's still something about real books.

My Creative Life said...

Hi Chris, it's good to catch up with you again, Thanks for visiting my blog. I've lost touch with blogland, so have added you to my reader's list. I love the library though I mainly use the mobile now. I found myself frustrated at the low stock on book series. I tend to order them into the branch. Collecting books from a mobile means the return date is 4 weeks, instead of the standard 3 weeks in town. Cx

Poppypatchwork said...

I'm in our library most weeks, I'm a book worm, will make a note of both books, add them to my reading list.

Maggie said...

I've read Little Fires Everywhere and enjoyed it, although it did take me 2 attempts, its a slow one but worth it. Did you know it's also a TV series? They made a good job of it too

linda said...

I haven't used my Library since before lockdown, I've got into the habit of using borrow box, it's so convenient, although I do like a physical book I find it's much easier on my eyes to use an e book.

A Joyful Chaos said...

Yes, we love our public library! Just stopped in today and brought another armload of books home to enjoy.

Blessings~

Margaret said...

I love my library. During Covid I have been on books mostly but I prefer the proper paper variety! Thanks for the introduction to the books. I’ve sent you an email so I hope it arrives.

Eileen H said...

It's a long time since I've used the library as I can't read much anymore due to an eye problem. Your library is a very similar design to our nearest library or should I say y llyfrgell as I am in north Wales.