Monday 11 April 2022

What's to come......

 I have always gardened,  since I was first married and we had our own house. Since then with experience,  I have managed to fill my different 8 gardens with flowers and veg.  This garden is my 9th! 

I did have an advantage here, as I brought some small snips of plants and two small trees from our previous garden in Suffolk.

My neighbours wondered if we would take the new shrubs and small trees we had bought, as we had totally transformed the garden. In our second week there we had 8 dark leylandii removed which opened up the garden. And made new flower beds and rockeries and new circular lawn and paths. Plus we then had a new patio laid.

I left a lot of things thinking I didn't want to be mean to the new owners, however when I learnt they'd moved in and then gone to relatives in Italy for 2 1/2 months I wish I'd brought more! Especially the soft fruit bushes and raspberries. We were astonished to hear that and wondered what their reaction would be when they got back at the end of September to a wilderness! 

These were bulbs I forgot I'd bought when we first arrived, which to me look like 'ballet' dancers!



My Suffolk neighbours had lived there for 60 years plus,  and were all doom and gloom with our move to Wales,  forecasting that we'd have a lot of rain. Well, we would be pleased with that because, the three summers we had in Suffolk were too hot and we had to water every evening. Our peach tree failed to keep its fruit even with regular watering. Pretty alliums budded and dried before they opened, as did the camassia and other flowers,  it was so hot.

 So far here in Wales we've been watering just to get the newer plants established. It's still spring and without a green house I have managed to germinate a whole load of seeds.

Sunday was beautiful here and I sat outside and made 48 newspaper pots because we can't find any small pots I'd packed when we moved, typical!

My friend would be horrified to learn I bought these grape hyacinth bulbs, (Muscari  Latifolium) as she digs them out and chucks them. But as there was nothing here when we arrived I bought a whole lot of stuff I wouldn't have normally

And here are just some of my newspaper pots with antirrhinums, petunias and aquilegia seedlings. And in my little propagate are rudbeckia seeds, my favourite flowers.


Have you guessed I love my garden where ever I've lived. 

What about you?

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

How exciting to have a new garden, we have been here 12 years and our garden is done, it's how I love it, but the joy of creating a new view.

Eileen H said...

That's wonderful to have another garden to tend and to love.
We bought a new build house over 25 years ago and our garden is how we've made it from scratch. Neither of us are gardeners and we just have grass, a couple of raised beds and some pots. What we planted has been trial and error but I love the space to sit out in and enjoy.

My Creative Life said...

All the best with your gardening, I'd like to be a better gardener but alas I always have too much to do. We had a lot of work done here last winter with some professionals, it was mainly clearing and pruning. I hope to do more in time.

Cherie said...

I have dreamt of living in Wales since forever. You will have so much fun creating a lovely new garden there.

Bless said...

Sounds like you do love gardening. :) My garden is a work in progress!

Joanne Noragon said...

I have a big flower garden to clear out soon. The daffodils are in bloom and a lot of raking needs done, when it gets much warmer.

meandmysmallcorner said...


I love my garden too and enjoy seeing it grow and develop and then change again. It is always lovely to hear about your garden.