Friday 8 April 2022

A horrible morning.

 I'm not having the best of times. I have recurrent urinary infections, so my Dr referred me to a consultant. I thought in Urology but she was Gynaecology? 

We started off wrong as Dh was using the sat nav, while I who knew the way to go, wanted a different route, so we had an argument 10 mins into our journey, Dh said he would be better following the sat nav so we did.. It was a back road over the mountain, narrow twisty roads, me nearly screaming! We got there, never been there before, a small cottage hospital. The carpark was uneven and hilly and it nearly killed me with my walker. By the time we got there my only thoughts were ...'a toilet!!' The receptionist wanted my details as I didn't have a letter with me, because it never arrived. But I went to the loo first, buggar my details!! 

We waited 40 mins, what's new? I eventually saw the consultant, who spent a lot of the time complaining my medical records weren't available to see on her screen?? She asked me the same questions as my own Dr and did the same exam.. then she continued to explain what tests she'd like me to have, but didn't talk to me, but to my husband! It was a case of a person with a walker isn't 'compos mentis?' 

It was a complete waste of time and a horrible journey there, we came home my way! A bit longer but good roads and no twists and turns..

Chrisxx

3 comments:

Pensive Pensioner said...

Oh what an absolutely horrible day for you, especially as you didn't get a positive outcome after all that. The NHS is crap at the moment. I hope you have better luck getting help soon. UTI's are torture.
Fingers firmly crossed that you'll feel better soon x

Eileen H said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to learn about your medical problems and journey. There have been times when I've wanted to throw the satnav out of the car window having had the same problems with it sending us down narrow country lanes. How rude of the consultant to not speak directly to you but to your husband. I hope your tests will have a good outcome and you get the treatment you need x

My Creative Life said...

Oh dear, such a shame when frustrations are already high. It's bad manners to do 'does she take sugar' - professionals should know better and be better. Lets hope it's better next time.