Thursday 21 April 2022

Thusday and Day 3 of our kitchen to be...

Grrrr shops.. we went yesterday to pick up the flooring for the kitchen, which we had ordered 7th March and although we were told that it would be there after the Easter weekend, it wasn't! This was the 4th time we had been told it would be there. I was furious and said we wanted our money back and we wanted to cancel the £1,485 carpet we had ordered.. to which he said it had already been cut off the roll and was ready for delivery.. I said 'Tough!' I want my money back! He phoned the other sales man, who was in another store and told him of my intentions and long story short.. the flooring was delivered this morning at 10:00 am with free delivery and 20 % off. I can be very steely faced and not give an inch when necessary!

With all this going on, my day did not start off well, I was up and ready to go--ish at 7:20am,  Dh had already showered and then wow.. I had an enormous nose bleed.. Dh wanted to take me to A&E after it was still pouring out after 2 hours. But I would not go, the last time this happened I was hospitalised for 3 days! It eventually stopped at 10:20 and then I waited a bit to shower. 

I do admit, I still feel a bit shaky, but the stress of it is getting to me.. was it the flooring....or the electrician adding £200 to his £1300 quote.... or trying to keep to our SW food plan without proper cooking facilities, it all seems too much for me, plus I have seedlings that need potting on? I don't want to give up on trying to lose weight after losing nearly a stone, which has not been easy for me. So I am trying to keep calm and breath, without sniffing which is the worst thing for nose bleeds. My nose is horribly blocked.

As well as all this going on, we have had to change our plans about the tiles we wanted. The builder pointed out to us that, how we wanted the 2 colours wouldn't work. So we have been to a local DIY store and bought a greeny/blue tile to have instead and want it like this.


We have the wood coloured work surfaces, so it will suit very nicely with our cream units. I am pleased.. 
Moral of this is...having major work done in your home when you're getting on in life is not easy on your nerves, especially if you don't sleep well at night.
Dh says, it will all be worth it,..... me?  .... I hope so!

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Oh heck, this worries me for the work I'll be having done sometime this year.
Take a deep breath.
Hope things go well from now on

Eileen H said...

Sorry to learn about the stress you are going through. The nose bleed sounds awful and I hope that will be the last of it and the kitchen refit goes more smoothly from now on.

meandmysmallcorner said...


Isn't it strange how things can suddenly be found or get done when you say you want your money back. Good for you in getting that sorted :)
Hope there are no more nose bleeds or stressy things for you. I look forward to seeing the finished kitchen.
Hugs x

Fat Dormouse said...


I hope it all goes well...our bathroom renovation didn't (but we were dealing with French workmen!) One can really do without the stress when something big like this is going on!!

My Creative Life said...

Arh bless you Chris, I do hope your health improves and things go smoothly now x

Bless said...

They do say that home renovations are one of the most stressful things in life. You do have a lot going on with the renovations, gardening, lack of sleep, following a weight loss diet without cooking facilities, etc. At least you got the flooring sorted out! :)

Joy said...

It will be worth it, for sure. xx