Wednesday 23 October 2024

The answer.

 I seemed to have got this losing weight under my belt as it were, if that's the saying I want. But everywhere and I mean everywhere is out to get you, so called healthy and slim. Television adverts, on line, supermarkets all trying to prove that healthy means slim. (Although supermarkets are loaded with chocs, cakes and fatty foods, there are also aisles of so called healthy foods)



Each time I had any pre-operation check ups, I was asked had I had any unexplained drop in weight? My reply was..'I wish!' Until that is my sister in law was diagnosed with colon cancer. The last time we'd seen her before she was diagnosed, she looked very slim and was delighted that she had lost weight, saying she was wearing clothes she had kept, but thinking she'd never get in them again.. don't we all do that. I have a wardrobe full of them!
So I'm going down the route of  a small weight losses, basically I don't want rolls of skin, when I have lost the fat, but also it allows me to have the odd meal out and this for a pud now and then! Yes, why doesn't skin lose weight??


So I have found that happy medium. That last weekend, when we meet up with Dh's sister he'd said he had never seen her looking so old.. I never saw again, lockdown arrived and she went into a care home. Dh went to her funeral only being close family allowed.

So losing regularly and slowly is suiting me at the moment. We eat a variety of foods, Dh likes cooking so SW books and PON books are on our coffee table all the time and we're enjoying what we're eating, and that's the main thing too, eating food you enjoy!

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Angela said...

I am so sorry you lost your SIL like that. 🙏❤️
I agree, slow and steady weight loss is best. Keep going, and keep well

jabblog said...

Slow, steady weight loss is the sensible way to go.

Mari said...

Yes, you are doing it the right way!

KirstenM said...

Yup. I love that plate in your photograph! I'm reining in sweet treats as I've let it creep...

Marie Smith said...

Eating food you enjoy is important for sure. Slow loss is the best!

Lynn and Precious said...

Losing weight slowly helps maintain healthy eating habits later on. So very sad about so many families having funerals during pandemic and not being able to attend and say their last goodbyes. I lost a cousin during this time to cancer too.

Live and Learn said...

I try to go by the saying, "Everything in moderation." I think applies to weight loss, too.