Friday 25 October 2024

Just one.......

 Dull wintery days has had me snuggled down at home, avoiding the call to walk from my inner reluctant self.  Its meant a gain of a pound this week,  but I can cope with that. A while ago I'd be remonstrating with myself and vowing I'd cut out even more of the foods I love, and be walking on the treadmill till my little legs are aching.. but now I think its only a pound and only this one week!


Where did I get that sensible head from?? Old age I think and maybe several years too late!
The beaches look wind swept and deserted, however there are always some brave souls walking their dogs and even the surfers suitably dressed in wet suits or are they dry suits?


There are three live webcams here in Porthcawl, which I look at some mornings, interesting to look at. At one time last year the RNLI cam had a spider and the little long legged creature made a lace covering over it.. 


Bleak and not even winter yet.. our heating has kept us warn, but I will have to tog myself up and brave the elements, if I want to keep that pound gain to just a pound and just one week!

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Mari said...

I'm feeling cold here too, tis the season of snuggling in my heated blanket when I sit in my chair!
Great photos from the web cam!

Live and Learn said...

I have a hard time getting myself out for a walk if the weather is cold. Of course, when I think it's cold, my husband thinks it's refreshing.

Lynn and Precious said...

I know what you mean about putting on extra clothes to take a walk. The way I see it in the winter I think I'm doing myself a favor by wearing an extra 10 to 15 lb of clothes. I think maybe it helps with the exercise, lol.

jabblog said...

A deserted beach is always good, even when it's cold. I can cope with the cold as long as it stays dry

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Winter is giving us a preview here in South Dakota as well. We are forecasted to get 2" of snow next week!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I hate the idea of winter coming but the signs are out there.

That spider web must have been fascinating up so close and personal.

Granny Sue said...

It's never an easy adjustment from summer to winter, even with the buffer of autumn!