Friday 4 October 2024

Getting things ready......

It's been a glorious few days here, beautiful sunshiny days.. we were taking our time yesterday  morning drinking coffee, talking and deciding what to do in the garden,  when Dh said isn't it your hair day... whoops I hadn't realised it was Thursday! You might think that odd but we were a day behind, because didn't do our trip to Tesco for yogurts and fruit on Monday, but on Tuesday, so hence the mix up..but we managed  to get my hairdressers in time.

It was so nice in the afternoon, we worked in the garden. I was able to sort out my spring bulb pots, a bit of fresh top soil, and new grit, so ready for spring.. Dh cut the grass, if we have a couple of dry days he's going to weed and feed it, doing that last year did improve it. I also potted up my pelargoniums that came from the front pot and the dahlias, they will all go in the garage to over winter them. Our garden is ready for winter, although I still want to move my 'Susan' rose which didn't do so well this summer.(Susan.... because its part of the name and I can't remember it) I am planting my new tulip bulbs when it gets a bit colder. I was very brave and walked around with my walking stick being extra careful where I fell in July. I'm still a bit nervous, but I can't not look around all the flower beds, they give me such joy and being nervous makes me more careful!

And we have the ingredient's to make these.. yes its coming!


Have you got your garden tidy for winter yet and have you made your puddings or do you buy them?

Chrisxx

No comments: