Friday 11 October 2024

Smiling is infectious!

 If you've read my blog in the past you'll know I suffer with repeated and horrendous UTIs so when I heard about hiprex, which is a bladder antiseptic and prevents infections I asked my Drs could I have some. I was summoned to a face to face app.!! 

I saw a Dr I hadn't seen before, she was excellent, knew what I was talking about and was fully sympathetic.. and not only did she agree it was worth giving hiprex a try, as we had our flu jabs booked later this month, she said she could do them there and then to save us having to go to the Medical Centre again. So we were jabbed!

Then I found this gem of a poem by Spike Milligan and was just how I felt when I left the Drs.  


Smiling is infectious,

You catch it like the flu.

When someone smiled at me today,

I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner,

and someone saw my grin.

When he smiled I realised, 

I'd passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile,

then realised its worth.

A single smile, just like mine,

could travel round the Earth.

So if you feel a smile begin,

don't leave it undetected.

Let's start an epidemic quick,

and get the world infected!!

by Spike Milligan

Chrisxx

No comments: