Saturday 6 April 2024

My heart is singing!

I had a happy, happy day yesterday.. my heart was singing and the sun was shining. And I lost a pound! I had eaten all the Easter stuff, hot cross buns with lashings of butter, the big lamb dinner with choc pud and ice cream for desert and some tiny chocolate Easter eggs, plus  Monday evening I had that Chinese meal! So how did I do that?? I was very strict before the weekend, didn't go to SW last Friday because I banged my toes on the chair in the bedroom and not only did they hurt like 'billy oh' I couldn't get my shoe on my foot as my toes had swollen. So I had probably lost weight last week, but hey ho I have lost a pound at SW! Some members had gained 4 pounds!

In the afternoon, we were out in the garden. I transplanted my Alicante tomato seedlings but not as I had planned. Last week I bought an 'i' newspaper to make newspaper pots, but where did it get to?? I think Dh who rarely puts things away has tidied it somewhere, or absently had popped it in the recycling! The pages cut in half are the best size for a home made pot, but I had a magazine with non shiny pages, so made them out of that.
Here are 8 propped up in a foil container. 
And my window sill little green houses with the latest flower seeds.


And my pelargoniums now grown quite a bit as I bought these as plugs two weeks ago.


So gardening has begun, yippeee. It was lovely outside working on the patio, tomorrow I want to pot up my dahlias, if its raining I'll work in the garage.. but also our little plastic green house moved to its new position, has been warm enough to grow on the little rockery plants. 
 Our new flowering cherry and crab apple trees, bought new last summer are beginning to flower.. no wonder my heart sings!
Chrisxx

6 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Good to see a bit of sunshine at last - makes the world a much better place

Mari said...

All good news! Congrats on that lost pound. :)
Your plants are looking good.

Joy said...

Oh, well done, Chris. That's brilliant!! xx

Marie Smith said...

Flowering trees already! How lovely!

Polly said...

My heart sings too Chris, sunshine, birds singing, more daylight hours and slightly warmer weather. I planted some dahlias yesterday and was hoping to get into the garden today but I've been feeling poorly with a cold.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Well done on your weight loss this week.
Your paper pots are so easy to make and they can be planted straight out into the garden too. Isn't it lovely to be able to start growing plants and seeds again. Have a lovely week x