Monday 15 April 2024

A WALK?


The sun was shining and Dh said 'come on lets go for a walk'.. I hmmm and haaa-d a bit but got my shoes. We intended to walk along the Eastern Prom, as it has been all revamped and the path ways are smooth and no loose pavers. It goes all the way up to the harbour, filled these days with top class yachts, unlike when I was little when there were just  a few old wooden fishing boats, keeled over on their sides. Sunny Sundays here are always packed, but altho the roadsides are full with parked cars, there is always spaces in the car park. 


This coffee kiosk by the harbour has lovely coffee and they have these too. It was somewhere we always went with Nell but we haven't been there since she went over Rainbow Ridge.   

 A couple of years ago while we were sitting there enjoying a coffee, Dh thought there was a seal swimming near the entrance of the harbour, we both watched for quite a while and it did look like a seal. So we walked all the way round to get a closer look. And was it a seal? No, a rock,  but I did agree (?) it could have been one. Since then I have teased him saying .... shall we go on a seal hunt??
... but it is a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. So I said, yes lets go... but as we opened our front door, the heavens opened and the rain came down like 'stair rods' We waited a while but it didn't look as though it was stopping, so coats off and Dh made a cup of tea, which we had with  a piece of Weetabix cake.

Then as we sat down in the lounge and looked out of the window, the sun was shining again!!!!! 
Chrisxx

9 comments:

Bless said...

Sounds like the weather was very changeable! Maybe you can go another day when it is supposed to be sunnier.

Julie said...

Hello Chris. Thank you for your visit to my blog & the sweet comment you left me. Here I am "visiting with you" now.
I have read a few posts & really enjoyed them - I like the way you write. The view of the boats on the water is really stunning. I think you are probably having typical spring weather over there by the sounds of it. We are going into autumn here in New Zealand. Enjoy the week Chris. Julie 😊

jabblog said...

The weather is very contrary in April - well, actually, all year round!

Mari said...

Sounds like you had a really nice day! I loved the seal story. It's good to laugh!

Liz Hinds said...

The weather is literally changing by the minute!

Marie Smith said...

Those are quite yummy looking drinks!

Lynn and Precious said...

Hello and thank you for stopping by to visit us. We love new visitors and we see that you enjoy needle work. My favorite is crochet since I was a child. And of course, reading nonstop and my sweet Precious. I would love to see your Wales for I imagine it so beautiful. Lynn and Precious

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello, I'm visiting from Karen Happyone's blog.

It's always nice to enjoy a walk, although out earlier today we had a very heavy hailstorm ... I sheltered in a shop until it passed by!

I like the view of the boats and your purchase from the coffee kiosk look good.

Wishing you a happy week ahead.

All the best Jan

happyone said...

A nice day and a nice walk.
I'd never pass up a walk. :)