Monday 8 April 2024

Blossom

 These are my flowering trees bought last year and kept alive by Dh watering the pots twice a day in that searing heat, for 3 weeks, while we were having the patio layed.  A crab apple, and a flowering up right cherry. 



This is our chocolate vine, which we brought with us as a tiny 'shoot' from our garden in Suffolk. It has produced all this growth since we moved here.

The lovely blossom does produce a fruit, but I don't know if this one will, it needs to be well established.
I don't know why its called a chocolate vine because it doesn't smell like chocolate, more like vanilla. Proper name, Akebia Quinata.


And this is a lovely clematis that I've managed to grow up a little tree. Its called Pixie; not my photograph but how it looked when I bought it.

The tree was a small root brought with is from our other gardens; this is its 4th garden. A small tree, given to Dh many years ago. Name?? But it has a small Silver narrow leaf, produces a small yellow flower mid summer and the scent is heavenly.


My little flowering trees making my day a very happy one; my tulips survived the ferocious winds and slashing rain in the night.


Close up of the crab apple blossom.. so pretty!


I'm a happy bunny!
The Alanchier is still to flower and in pots we have a twisted stem flowering cherry, and Acer and Olive.
We have as well, a Bramley Apple, Victoria Plum, Damson, Russet Eating Apple, Peach, Fig tree and 2 Gooseberries. Even if they don't produce a lot of fruit, they look good!
Such a lot has been added to this garden which was only weedy grass when we moved here.
And I have flowers to come.. the little veg patch has garlic and shallots, carrots, sprouting broccoli and there will be runner beans in the summer. I grow my tomatoes in pots and potatoes in bags; we are keen gardeners.
Do you love your garden?

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Moira said...

Got your blog back it had disappeared for a few days👍😁

jabblog said...

It seem that the blossom appears all of a sudden. Our crab apples are blossoming now, as well as our other fruit trees.

Mari said...

You have some beautiful plants! Flowering trees are a favorite, and I saw some pretty tulips too.
I love our garden too, but it's a ways behind yours.

Sue said...

Some gorgeous plants there Chris, I have plant envy. I must look out for one of those chocolate vines, it's very pretty. You've done an amazing job since you moved in xx

Sooze said...

I love fruit tree blossom, it's one of the highlights of Spring I think. That Chocolate Vine is beautiful, might have to look out for one.

Marie Smith said...

You pr garden is growing well for April. Ours doesn’t do much until early June.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

We both love our gardens so much don't we Chris. They are our happy places.