Monday 9 September 2024

Rain, rain and even more rain!

What a miserable Sunday afternoon, it rained all day,

We didn't get out for a walk.

I felt full after our Sunday dinner, but too wet to go out.

I started 2 books and couldn't get into them.

Nothing on TV I liked, I don't know why we still have Netflix, we've watched all the good films.

We even watched a Norwegian series with sub titles and we thoroughly enjoyed it and we didn't notice the sub titles after a while.

I've done my Welsh homework.

I've surfed the Internet, looked at houses for sale here and in Cambridge as my Dd is wanting to move.

I've emailed friends. 

We talked about getting another dog, its nearly a year since Nell went over 'Rainbow Ridge' a whole year! 
It would be lovely, but could we cope with a puppy, but they are lovely, soft and warm and that 'biscuit smell!' they have, sooo lovely!

And we've discussed the 'George' fall out in the Archers and the situation in Eastenders!!

So hope the rain stops tomorrow, I can start to sort out my daffodil pots for spring!

Rainy Sundays are not my thing!

Chrisxx

9 comments:

jabblog said...

The rain recently has been of Biblical proportions. I've been surfing the internet for houses for my daughter, too.

Mari said...

Sounds like you made the most of your rainy day, and hoping today you get sunshine!

Lynn and Precious said...

If you are getting all the rain there, that is why it is dry thousands of miles away here, lol. A puppy sounds like lively entertainment for it first couple years, then a nice quiet loving lap dog evolves.

Marie Smith said...

So many great Scandinavian series on Netflix but it’s been some time since I’ve watched one. Hmmm…

Pradeep Nair said...

We have been having intermittent rain here. But some parts of the country have seen very heavy showers. It’s sweet that you’re thinking about getting another dog; there’s something so comforting about the idea of a new furry friend, especially after the loss of one so dear.

(My latest post: UK Tour 10 - London city)

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I would truly love to have another dog. It's been three years but at 82 it doesn't seem like the smartest decide I could make. This is the first time in my life that I didn't have one in my life.

We're in a dry spell now but with fall not far off and cooler air on the way we'll likely get some rain.

Granny Marigold said...

That must have been quite a storm with the thunder & lightning and accompanying deluge. I hope the rest of the week is sunny.
I like your new bed and lovely bedding. Best is that it's comfortable.

Bless said...

Sounds like you found things to do while staying indoors on a rainy Sunday. Another puppy might be nice, but, then, you'll have to take it for walks even on rainy days.

Granny Sue said...

And here we are praying for good rainy days! I guess our prayers are getting misdirected.
A puppy, they are so sweet. We got one this summer, but a larger outside dog to go with our other two, and he is a handful. Thebother day he chewed the plugs off two electric sanders! We love him anyway.