Saturday 7 September 2024

A bit of a glitch in my life!

 I've had a nasty urinary infection again, so haven't blogged.. because of lack of sleep. Everything is too much effort when you feel like you can't keep your eyes open.  Everything stopped for me and it was horrid.

As well as that, our new bed was delivered Thursday morning at 8 am! We spent Wednesday afternoon clearing and cleaning our bedroom. Me, very slowly, we were hours. I hadn't realised how much stuff I had packed into those under-bed drawers, They were full of quilting items, fabric, rolls of new wadding as well as large pieces of fabric for backing. That is now all piled in the end bedroom as the new bed does not have drawers.. so that will be a days work to sort that. I do have an address for a 'Linus' group, who make quilts for children who are long stay patients in hospital, so it will all be put to good use..

And as for the umpteen cushions we will take those to the re-cycling dept.. And we hadn't really cleaned behind the bed all year because it was too heavy to move, so a year of dust! (Dh had taken off the wheels to lower it for me to get into)

We slept in the second bedroom for one night and the bed was really comfortable, although a bit high to get into. And the new bed is very comfortable too and lower so easier for me to get in and out of. We've bought a whole lot of new bedding too, so that will be made up new tomorrow and I'll try to take a decent photo. 

So we've had a busy few days though Thursday afternoon I slept for 3 1/2 hours! 

We saw and heard the geese overhead later on yesterday and with the rain it seemed like summer was over! I hope not I'm not a winter person!

Chrisxx

 

9 comments:

Bless said...

So sorry to read that you've a urinary infection, again. I hope it clears soon. You've had a couple of very busy days, getting ready for the new bed! Hope you enjoy a good night's sleep on your new bed. :)

Anonymous said...

Linus will be very grateful for your donations as they never stop making lovely, comforting quilts. I gave my local group lots and lots of fabric earlier this year as we also emptied the boxes under the bed. Sleep well on your new bed. Catriona

jabblog said...

I hope you're feeling better now and sleeping well in your new bed.

Live and Learn said...

I too have suffered from multiple UTIs and they're no fun. Finally, with some habit changes and preventative medicine, I haven't hadn't had one in over 2 years. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Marcia said...

UTIs are no fun. I hope medication has given you relief from the discomfort. We have a bed with drawers under too. We use for clothes. Mine are my pjs and out of season clothes.

Lynn and Precious said...

To get another UTI, so bad. The relief of some sleep and a new bed and new
sheets too. Glad it was delivered. I know someone will make good use of your material for blankets and quilts, a great idea to donate it all.

Liz Hinds said...

I feel for you. UTIs are horrid. Hope your new bed will help you to sleep soundly.

Joy said...

I'm so sorry you're unwell UTIs are just horrible. Get well soon. xx

Granny Sue said...

Oh dear, I just got over one of those infections too. I do hope you are better. Such a lot of work when you're not well. But worth it in the end, I hope.