Monday 16 September 2024

A nasty arrived... Am I bovvered??

 I've had my first nasty comment, anonymous of course, not bad for 16 years of blogging. I shall leave the settings as they are for the moment, but if any more arrive I shall not allow anonymous comments like Hannah does.. if you want to make a comment Miss/ Mr Anonymous sign your name!

It didn't phase me, I don't write nasty things!

A very pleasant Sunday, sun's shining and we are forecast good warm weather for the next week, which means we can get the garden straight. Very poor dahlias this year, so I want to dig them up now although early, we garden when we are able not necessarily the right time. Next year I'm going to leave them in pots and stand the pots in the flower beds to reduce the slug and snail damage. I'll do like Monty and cover the pot holes with some gauze to stop the little b****rs coming in that way!

We've been to a garden centre in the week, so our front trough is newly planted and looks very nice. I had to open the front door last evening before bed to look at it! Dh has pruned the shrubs we planted in a corner in our front garden, so that looks very tidy too, we have to keep up with the neighbours, although we're the only gardeners, the other houses are all driveways! 

When we were in the garden centre, I did a very Welsh thing and stopped to say Hello to a little old lady with her wheels, as I was trundling along with  mine.. criky I don't think she had spoken to anyone for days, as I had her full medical history and her tussle with Social Services.. so that was interesting but I left her smiling.

We have a nice selection of plants now in the trough (we didn't realise the front door was open)

We didn't cook a Sunday dinner, but went out to a local hotel with the U3a lunch group. I had pork, with roast pots, roast root veg, cauliflower  cheese and gravy followed by Vanilla Cheese Cake, raspberry couli and ice cream and very tasty it was too. And very interesting conversations too, nice to chat! Its true 'Life' is made up of lots of pleasant moments which make it rich, so a very nice weekend. 

And for us now, a very lean week food wise till weigh in on Friday!

Chrisxx

12 comments:

Live and Learn said...

I've never had a nasty comment. I think that's because I have a low readership, and I avoid any controversial subjects. However, I do get generic comments from other bloggers who are trying to up their readership. Your yard sounds lovely.

jabblog said...

How unpleasant to have a nasty comment. They leave a sour taste.
You had a nice weekend - it's good to go out with other people. Speaking to the little lady probably made her day.

Granny Sue said...

I get the occasional spammer, but nothing nasty in all the years I have been blogging. Fingers crossed though. Good on you for just taking it in stride.
I garden like you do...when I have time and am able. As my sister once said, the right time is when she has time!
Your dinner sounds divine. We had the leftover chicken fajitas I made the day before. They were still delicious, although I really didn't have much appetite. Soup today, I think.

Mari said...

I've had some nasty comments, and also dirty comments. That's why I use comment moderation which really helps. I'm sorry it happened to you. I don't get why people have to be that way.
Your flowers are so pretty!

Lynn and Precious said...

It has been quite a while since I had nasty remarks that I removed from my blog. Hope you get no more. I like the dusty miller and the fern being the outside anchor of your planter. I did buy some tulip bulbs this week to try to grow in my patio pots for next Spring. I'll have to put wire over them as the grey squirrels will dig them up to eat.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

'We garden when we are able not necessarily the right time' I am with you on that gardening philosophy, Chris. The newly planted trough outside your front door looks very pretty. I hope it makes you smile every time you leave the house.
I am sorry to hear about the anon nasty comment. So unkind and unnecessary.
Have a good week x

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Your plants look really nice.

I get a nasty comment once in awhile (also anonymous) but I don't always stay away from controversial topics so I figure they come with the territory. I never moderate spam through to public viewing but usually the nasty comments I generally do IF they are at least on topic. I'd really hate not accepting anonymous comments altogether because the way Bloggers often makes you choose to "comment as" is often overlooked by regular readers and default is 'anonymous.'

Granny Marigold said...

I've had some weird comments but no nasty ones ( yet). Your meal out sounds lovely especially dessert.

diane b said...

Sorry to hear about nasty comment.I'm glad you could ignore it. I haven't had one but i get spam. Love the flower box.

Tracy said...

Some people need to get out and speak to folk in real life, like the little old lady, rather than sitting at home hiding behind a keyboard and spewing out bile. Thank goodness there are more of us in the 1st category than the second, although sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

Bless said...

I'm sorry you received a nasty comment. Best to just delete it and forget it. Your planter looks nice with all the colorful plants in it. Your Sunday dinner sounds delicious!

Joy said...

What a shame - I do wonder what goes on in some people's minds, I really do.
I think I've been lucky but maybe my turn will come at some point.
Time will tell.
xx