Wednesday 1 November 2023

A much happier day.

 First I must thank all who gave advice or commented on my last post, I haven't left the group, which in some respects was my own, but I'm not interacting to posts as I used to. But that's all I can do at the moment for my own piece of mind, I'm just taking things slowly.

On a much happier note, today is my lovely husband's birthday so yesterday we bought foods that he fancied; and what he wanted the most was a steak pie made by a Welsh farm company with mash, greens and gravy. So that's our evening meal and for lunch we've had pork pie, coleslaw and green salad. All definitely not SW! And we've been out for a Costa breckie, a cheese toasty and a cake. When you have a Costa loyalty card you get a free cake on your birthday.!

We missed the showers, which when they came have been horrendous, but this little fellow got caught in one.....


He's been scurrying back and fro across our fence sometimes with an apple in his mouth as big as himself. Hope he doesn't notice the figs on our fig tree! He is so entertaining and very busy. I know a lot of people call them tree rats, but he's so cutie looking, how could you not smile when you see him.


I love watching him (or her) as he darts back and fro. Was he always around, because before we had the fence we never saw him?

As it is Dh's birthday I did offer him a birthday treat!! No nothing like that!!  But a walk on the sea front promenade, which isn't my favourist thing to do, but fortunately, rain, hail, wind and thunder and lightning stopped us, whew saved again!!

Chrisxx

3 comments:

Rosalea said...

Very cute pictures of the squirrel. They sure know when there is food to be had!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Happy Birthday to your husband Chris. I hope he has had a lovely day. Glad too that you have had a better day.
Your squirrel is very entertaining on the fence. Such a little character. I love to see them too when they visit here.

Will said...

Living on the edge of red squirrel country, I'm afraid that I tend to be rather hostile to the Grey's despite their cute behaviour. We live in a small courtyard on the edge of a village and from time to time we have grey squirrels running through, they seem to manage to avoid the couple of cats that come through fairly regularly.