Tuesday 14 November 2023

On a wet afternoon.

 What do you do on a wet horrible afternoon? Well if you're a person who likes to cook, you make marmalade!


Its not Seville oranges season yet, so today Dh has used the prepared tin of marmalade oranges you can buy. Something he didn't know about till he married me! He always used oranges. One year when we were living in Coventry, we hadn't seen any of the oranges for sale, so when someone I knew in my  library book group told me about a green grocer who had some, of course we had to go.
As soon as he got home from work, we shot off to find the shop.
I waited in the car, and then suddenly at the other end of the car park, there he was, running and jumping, holding a bag up above his head.. my Dh over the moon with his Seville oranges!

While he was busy I've donned  my 'Tiara' and cleaned the bathroom.. why a tiara?? Well, I once said to a friend, that when I clean the toilet, I often think  'I bet Kate Princess of Wales doesn't do this,'  and her quick reply was... do you wear a tiara??

I've tidied and cleaned in our lounge..who makes such a mess? Books, papers, empty envelopes, the odd sweet paper and some sewing bits waiting for me to put a tuck in some knicker waistbands, because they are too loose. I must get round to doing them! 

And then I sat in the warm, admiring my lovely cyclamen. 

What are you doing on these wet days?

Chrisxx









7 comments:

Rosalea said...

Thanks for the previous book recommendations, because that is what I am doing on this wet afternoon! Beautiful cyclamen.

Billie Jo said...

I love the idea of donning a tiara to scrub the toilets! I may have to do the same!! I was just putting things away before snuggling on the couch. I hope you have a cozy evening!

Chris said...

It wasn't rainy here but it's been an indoor day for me as it was quite chilly. I cleaned the cupboard where I keep all my jars of dry goods (oats, rice, flour etc.) that I buy at the Bulk Food store. I did go out to rake some leaves as tomorrow is garden refuse pick-up day.

Chris said...

I haven't been able to find Ma Made here. I eat a lot of marmalade so could do with a quick way of replenishing my morning jar.

Bless said...

Sounds like you found plenty of things to keep you busy on a rainy day! Our rainy days are still in the forecast for later this week and I plan to do some house cleaning and reading. Too funny about wearing a tiara while scrubbing the bathroom! :D

Back2OurSmallCorner said...


I looked in my store cupboard and found that I have several jars of homemade marmalade left from last year. I will still be making more though because it just smells and tastes so good.
Today I have been sorting through old photographs and enjoying the memories.
Trying to decide on a new craft project as well.
Stay warm and cosy, Chris x

LadyLucks said...

Brilliantly expressed! Your post is a standout, offering insightful perspectives. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.