Saturday 4 November 2023

It's raining ; mae'n bwrw glaw

I was up and awake at a very early hour, probably because I was in bed before 10 and sleeping not long after that. I don't know why I was so tired yesterday, because I am sleeping a lot better.

With all the rain, we abandoned our SW planned meal yesterday and I made Welsh cawl (lamb broth) with thyme dumplings and it was very filling and just what we need on such a rainy day, comfort food.

There's enough left for today, maybe add another leek and some baby carrots. Dh wolfed it down, and so did I! First meal I've cooked for ages, as with my duff arm I find it all very difficult, but Dh helped by lifting the heavy saucepan and I managed really well. 

We usually go to the library on Saturdays but much too wet today, so I'll pick up my three books, which I had reserved on Tuesday when I have my hair appointment. I'm really enjoying this book by Elizabeth Berg, 'Say When.'

Because this is a new author to me I looked her up, she was born 1948 so just a bit younger than me and she is an amazing writer. Such an insight into people, I love her characters and I'm delighted to see she has written 30 books and this is only the second I've read.. so many, many more to delight in.

Do you do this when you find an author you like, read everything they've ever written?

Chrisxx


5 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Always good to find a new author with a back catalogue of books to catch up on

Latane Barton said...

If I really like an author I tend to read a number of their books but not all of them. I find that any author can have a dud now and then. (grin).

Tracy said...

Definitely! I really enjoy doing that.

Cherie said...

If I find an author that I like I work my way through all their books at our local library. I haven't made dumplings in ages so might just have to make some this week.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Lamb broth and dumplings- a real comfort food.
We had pork meatballs with a creamy chive sauce for dinner this evening.
Equally delicious.
Enjoy your books. I haven't come across this author before but will look out for her books now.
Have a lovely rest of the week, Chris x