Wednesday 25 October 2023

A different phone call with a very happy result!

I wrote a little while ago about how I felt really hurt when I received that horrible phone call.
I had decided that I wouldn't send her a birthday present.
But I couldn't not. I've always just sent a small little something, just a token pressie.
I saw this on line and it looked just right.

It was very nice, and the socks were very pretty too, as well as the chocolate drink.

 
She was delighted and we had a long phone, which was lovely. I reminded her that I didn't have a mum, as she died when I was two years old, so we're talking which is lovely. I've missed her, as it had been months since we had spoken.

Thank you to all of you who suggested that I let bygones be bygones. A  happy result.  I'm knitting socks as my grandsons have worn theirs out and my DD had claimed one pair to wear with her boots so my needles are clicking!

WHEW!! I feel amazing as also I've seen a Dr yesterday and have had some gentle tabs to help with my insomnia and I've slept really, really well. 

Chrisxx

6 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Good news all round

Tracy said...

Excellent news!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, I'm so happy for you both
Pauline x

Rosalea said...

That is wonderful news, and so much better to get a good night's sleep!

busybusybeejay said...

Excellent news.Barbarax

Billie Jo said...

Good news, and good for you for sleeping well. Sleep is so essential. Have a cozy afternoon!