Saturday 28 October 2023

Rain, and on a Saturday too!

 Don't you hate it when you've planned something and rain stops play! We wanted to garden today and the rain is coming down in sheets. There are some very healthy dandelions that have popped up in our new 'fence flower bed' So annoying, I even noted a Rose Bay Willow herb growing!  

 Where did that come from? A very pretty flower but they spread like mad! Years ago the rain would not have deterred me, but as these days I'm not able to style my own hair and visit a hairdresser, I'm loath to get it wet.

But very good news on the weight front, I lost 2 pounds last week! I was amazed. I did have some very, very good days but Thursday, the day before SW we went to Costa and had a cheese and ham toastie and a mince pie. We didn't have it warmed with cream, but might do nearer to Christmas!



And I am knitting socks again, I can manage with DPN as they are shorter and I've even bought a new sock knitting book.

My youngest GS wears them all the time when he gets home from work and requested some.
***
Last evening on Gardeners World Monty spoke about his dog Nellie who died last week. It's been a whole month since our Nell went over Rainbow Ridge so my tears fell again. 


Run free Nell we'll never forget you.

Chrisxx


1 comment:

Latane Barton said...

Everyone is entitled to a real treat once in awhile. You deserved that Ham and cheese and the mince pie. It sounded very yummy.