Tuesday 24 October 2023

That was a nice afternoon.

 Although we still have our groceries delivered (started in the first lockdown) we now pop to Tesco for individual yogurts, because they don't deliver them. We go on a Monday afternoon, because it is usually quiet. Having slept really well Sunday night, after 3 nights of insomnia, I walked into the store quite happily with my wheels, Dh has the trolley, but after half an hour of walking up and down the aisle my legs were saying.. no more! We were looking for a Welsh firm that made beef products like beef pies with pastry, as that's what Dh has chosen for his birthday with mash, greens and gravy. So we were looking to see where they were stocked on the shelves; a while ago I'd seen them in an end of aisle fridge. They were opposite caws (cheese) Yes, all the labels are written in Welsh with the English under

By the time we got home I was shattered, so no cleaning, no gardening and no clearing out, but we had taken a bag of books to the charity shelf in Tesco, so some clearing done! And I did get a nice card for my GD who has just passed her last Accountancy Exam, so now fully qualified as a Chartered Accountant. My youngest GS phoned on Sunday to tell me he is now a practicing Paralegal and his brother has now got his Doctorate and can now be addressed as Dr.. I've always included  their qualifying letters after their names so now he is Dr...... BSc Hons and it seems with even more letters, wow! It seems my grand children are very clever, obviously taking after their grandma!

When we got home, the builder from number 14 was just finishing and came to chat. He is the son in law of the lady who was living there. She has been living in a flat that he and her daughters own, while the work has been on going. Now over 2 years, covid, shortage of materials and he had an accident so wasn't able to work for months.  She isn't coming back,  but he, Ian, and his wife, Debbie hope to move in after Christmas. He was very nice and when we remarked that we liked the design of the house, he told us he had drawn the plans. It is very pretty, a house now from a bungalow. When the skip and all the bits have gone I'll take a photo.

And we have bought our first Christmas item, a jar of Fig and Balsamic chutney. Yeh!

So overall a pleasant afternoon, altho no cleaning  etc completed there's tomorrow?

Chrisxx

7 comments:

Sooze said...

Yes, there's always tomorrow! That's my philosophy too - a slower pace of life nowadays and we can do things in our own time.

jabblog said...

I'm a great procrastinator - there's always something more interesting to do and that's why we live in a tip, as my husband is also always busy with something more important:-)

Rosalea said...

Why is it that a trip out shopping is so much more tiring than a day wondering around at home? We headed to the 'Big Smoke' yesterday for an appointment, and some shopping, and were knackered even before we returned home! We did notice the Christmas stuff appearing in some stores.
Congratulations on the clever offspring! Good neighbours are the best.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

I am so glad to be able to visit you again Chris.My wonderful hubby will try and sort out a more workable solution later.
I was so sorry to here about Nell, she was such a sweet dog.
Glad that the fencing and patio have been finished. We also have high hedges which are difficult to manage. We do have birds in them so have opted to put some higher fencing in, still allowing space for birds to enjoy the remaining hedge.
I visited Israel in 1988 and all the places you went. 'Be still..' is one of my favourites too.
Have a good week, Chris.
Hugs xx

Julie said...

Hello Chris. Just popping over to your blog for a visit. Gosh that Fig Chutney looks so delicious. Yes I have been buying a couple of Christmas gifts already too. Thank you for your visit to my blog & your sweet kind comment. Julie xx

Joy said...

Congratulations to your grandchildren.
Cleaning can wait - shopping can be so very wearying. xx

Jo said...

Our local Tesco has just has a refit and everything's been moved. It's such a pain when you're used to things being in one place and now they're in a completely different place. Congratulations to your granddaughter, the hard work has paid off.