Wednesday 18 October 2023

A better day.

 

,,,,,,,for the comments on my post. After spending some time in the garden, putting my dahlias to bed for the winter, I felt a lot better and my mood lifted. I have so many blessings to be thankful for.
Nothing like the fresh air to blow away the cobwebs and there was plenty of wind yesterday to do that, but I wasn't cold. Dh mowed the back grass and strimmed the edges, so although we've still weeds and growth to deal with, it is looking a lot better.

Shame the rudbeckias blew over in the gales of a few weeks ago, although they still look bright, they are my favourite flowers and I grow them from seed every year.
It's been quite successful growing the cosmos in a pot, thank you Monty for your idea.
                                                   

I 'm having a reading block again, even authors I really like can't hold my attention. But I saw a book on a blog that interested me by Elizabeth Berg. I've down loaded 'Talk Before Sleep' on my kindle and it reads a bit like Anita Shreve, so my sort of book. She was my favourite author and I felt really sad to read of her death in 2018.
I should say my new Kindle Fire. My 15 year old kindle would no longer down load books, so I treated myself to this new one and I love it, it's back lit, so you don't need a light to read it. I happily read this in bed as it light to hold and I can enlarge the font. 

We're enjoying living here and walk along the promenade most afternoons. The light house is one of the introductory pictures on Songs Of Praise; it always gives me a joy when I see it on the programme.
  
So I've had a pleasant day, and although the rain arrived just after 3, we just missed it and arrived home from the Library Reading group dry and ready for a welcome cuppa. Life is good, what do think?

Chrisxx











2 comments:

Tracy said...

Glad you are having a better day. x

Poppypatchwork said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, my garden is my healing place as well.