Wednesday 31 July 2024

Afterwards.

 Thank you for your commiserations after my fall, I am slowly getting over it although my shoulder and arm are still very sore and hurt like mad when I move it. Getting in and out of bed is the worst and so I haven't slept very well. So still taking it easy. 

I showered Monday for the first time after it, as I always hang onto to the grab bar with my right hand, even though we have non slip rubber mats, so just a bit nervous. Then once dressed with groans and Dh's help, I ventured out into the garden and walked all round with my walking stick. It took a lot of strength, because the fear of falling again, was in my mind, but I knew if I didn't get out there right away I may not walk out there again; I think my digging days are over!

I still wonder how I fell and believe it or not,  there was no one more surprised than me, to find myself lying down on my right side on the grass than me! Dh came running fast and my tears flowed, especially when I realised I couldn't get up. But looking at the area now where I fell, its weed free, I had done that before I went over. Dh had helped to sit up, so while I was waiting and knew help was on the way, I pulled up some small weeds with small pink flowers! This is my favourite weed, because it pulls up easily with the root intact! LOL!

What a horrible time it was, 27th July will stay in my mind for quite a while. And since then Dh has admitted the Ambulance service had said the wait was 4 to 8 hours but he didn't want to tell me.

And we did enjoy our Anniversary in our own way. Thank you for your good wishes.. we had a Chinese Take-Away, very different for us, so a real treat. 

Chrisxx

6 comments:

Joy said...

A thoroughly unpleasant and unsettling experience all round. I'm so sorry it happened.

Any weed that comes up root and all gets my vote!
xx

Jules said...

I'm glad that you're on the mend now. I expect you feel quite shaken by the whole experience.
I like that weed as well. I'm sure it appears overnight, but it's very easy to get rid of. Xx

Mari said...

I'm glad you're doing better. 4-8 hours wait is crazy!

Live and Learn said...

I think it will take a while to get better from the fall, both physically and mentally. I'm glad to hear that you've started the process.

Marcia said...

I missed reading your post about your fall. I had to go back and read it. Hope you feel better soon.

Granny Sue said...

Do you think you need to get that shoulder xrayed, Chris? I worry something might have got knocked loose or misaligned.