Thursday 11 July 2024

10K Race

 This was the scene on Sunday, the annual 10k race, this was the end when people are milling around talking about their efforts.


No need to peer to see where I am, because I'm not there! Racing or even walking at speed is not my thing!

It might do me good, but I know someone who enters a lot of races and she doesn't lose any more weight than I do.. Last night I dreamt I was pulling on a pair of knickers, that I know I threw out years ago. White cotton with little red flowers and a waist band that was always a bit tight to pull up. Probably that's why I threw them out. But in my dream they slipped on easily, perhaps it was in the days when I was under 10 stone! So I dream I'm slim! Ha ha.

Fuzzypeg can run, we saw him last night, he'd followed the trail of food (Thank you for the suggestions) on to the patio, where there was a dish of food, then mooched a bit, then he legged up to the top of the garden, really running, went across a flowerbed under the hedge and was gone! It's so entertaining to watch him.

Chrisxx

9 comments:

Joy said...

I've done a Race for Life as a walker but that's my limit! I just can't run - too much pounding on my ankles/knees. Well done to them all though. xx

jabblog said...

We can be anything in our dreams and when they're good ones, like yours, they make us feel happy.

Jo said...

Running's not for me with my bad back but I admire those who take part in these distance runs, they've got some staying power. Hedgehogs are so entertaining to watch. I haven't seen any since we moved to our new house but they were regular visitors to our old house and as a child I remember watching one which then brought her mate and eventually her children.

Lynn and Precious said...

No running for me! I am fortunate to ride my bike a lot, but we have a neighbor
who jogs by every day and I can't see it happening for me.
Glad the hedgehog is a daily visitor.

Mari said...

I'm not a runner and never have been. I have a daughter who runs daily and does a lot of the 10K races, not sure where she came from!

Live and Learn said...

I have never enjoyed running, and now I think it would be too hard on my knees.

Marie Smith said...

Your new pet appears to be doing well. Enjoy!

Granny Sue said...

No runner here either, although we have many in the family who do. I love to walk and hope to be able to do so again with a new knee.
Your dream sounds so funny! Don't you find it amusing to remember those dreams and wonder why you dreamed them?

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

I'm not a runner either but Fuzzypeg sounds like he is pretty good at running :-)