Tuesday 2 July 2024

And then his brother came....

 In our bathroom we have a free standing towel rail which stands in front of the radiator. There's a small space between it and the side wall, about 4 inches,

It seems its the ideal space for cobwebs and when using the loo, it's possible to see a resident of that cobweb, it's one of the spindly legs' one, creepy!  

The other night I asked Dh to remove it, it seemed to be looking right at me, although you can't see any eyes. He's very kind and lifts it gently and pops it out of the window. So I can relax on the loo! I feather dusted the web in the morning, such a relief to know the bathroom was safe.

Then the next day, there in the corner was a web again and it looked like the same spider, was it his brother? Doesn't he look creepy??


So he had to go too. I'm not that frightened of them, they just make me feel that they are creepy and I can imagine them crawling on me, ugh!

How do you feel about them?

Chrisxx

11 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

I wouldn't mind those spindly legged cellar spiders if they didn't make such a mess with their spotty poo and their almost invisible webs.
They don't get saved here!

Poppypatchwork said...

I'm OK if they are not moving, if they move so do I.

jabblog said...

I prefer spiders to stay outside and don't like sharing my accommodation with them.

Margaret said...

I don’t like spiders either but I don’t have a DH to evict them either!

KirstenM said...

Spiders don't bother me unless I know that they are there!

Lynn and Precious said...

The one in your picture I really do not like. Like you they creep me out because they are not what I call "real" spiders. So I kill these. The fat and dark and short legged spiders that really look like spiders, I try to trap and release outside.

Live and Learn said...

Spiders don't really bother me, but I'm happier if they're outside. We call the spider in your picture Daddy Long Legs, and I like those kinds.

Mari said...

I feel the same. I tell them they were not invited in!

Marie Smith said...

The crawly things aren’t my favourite part of nature especially when they are in the house.

Kathy G said...

I don't mind spiders as long as they don't run or jump at me.

Granny Marigold said...

I definitely prefer any spiders be outside! Grandson M has a real aversion to any spider so I try to eliminate any webs, or their inhabitants, as soon as I see any.